Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked CHEX Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked CHEX Mix

On the side of any Rice, Wheat, Corn Chex cereal, make your mix per their directions. Add the entire contents of Costco Mixed Nuts, and if you can or want, add some mini pretzels too. We go heavy on the Worchestershire and also sprinkle hickory powder, onion and garlic powder. Last batch I made, I used some seasoned salt.. you can try anything you like..even made a curry batch one time. Then drizzle 1 stick of melted butter over the mix, and GENTLY STIR the contents. Put into a smoker tray with holes on sides, and underneath; do not cover. We smoke it in our cold smoker side which is generally around 100-120 degrees when the MAK 2 Star is doing say a brisket at 225 for hours. We smoke the Chex mix for 1 hour, then apply a light spray of canola oil over the mix. Ok to stir gently, or not at this point. Remember, smoke is attracted to wetness, thus the spray. After a total of 2 hours, remove from the smoker, put in your indoor oven at 250 degrees (pre heated). Gently stir the Chex mix ever 15 minutes, just to turn over the contents. At the end of 1 hour, turn off your oven, leave the door closed, and let it sit in that cooling down oven for another hour, or two, or overnight. You are just getting rid of any leftover moisture. That Cosco bucket of nuts you used... makes a great container for the Chex mix. This is so simple, but people where I live are asking me to make them some ALL the time... One neighbor says I should go commercial with this recipe. Who wants to work anymore? Ha. Enjoy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here