Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorbets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorbets

I just bought a Cuisinart ice cream maker and have been playing around with sorbets. I came across a really simple and easy recipe to make any kind of fruit sorbet your heart desires. So far, I've made pineapple, raspberry, and blueberry. Every single one of them has been absolutely amazing! Fresh, refreshing, and low in calories (110 per serving).

Recipe

2 cups of water
    1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
    1-2 cups of your favorite fruits*
    Pinch of salt

*I use, bagged frozen fruits. I find it is easier to control the portions when measuring.

Directions

Over medium heat, dissolve the sugar and salt
    Add the fruit and simmer for about 5 minutes (do not boil)
    Remove from stove and blend to remove any large chunks
    Place in refrigerator tool for 2-3 hours

Ice Cream Machine
    Place mixture in machine and follow your particular device's instructions. Depending on the machine you use, it could take between 15-30 minutes to eat. The Cuisinart I bought takes 15-20 minutes before it is ready.

Here is the link to the one I bought - https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...ce+cream+maker

Enjoy!

Have you tried grilled fruit? Like grilled freestone peaches? Pineapple, and others?
    Replace the water with beer, wine, soda pop?

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here