Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jalapeño Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Brinton
    replied
    Nice! I just did something similar when leftover mash from hot sauce.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    I have done a variation of this... 100% smoked (ok 99%)

Smoke whatever peppers @ sub 200 for 6+ hours, I usually do over night.

Peppers that don't snap with minimal effort go in the oven with the door cracked

Dried peppers go in coffee grinder, then mix with salt.
    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; September 16, 2021, 07:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Go for it, sounds like a little work, but maybe worth the effort. Of course, you will fill us in when complete.

Leave a comment:

• RichieB
    started a topic Jalapeño Salt

Jalapeño Salt

Think I'm going to do this.

3 lbs fresh jalapeños
    1 cup coarse salt like Kosher Salt
    ​​​​

Using gloves, quarter 3 lbs fresh jalapeños and remove stems.

In a dehydrator, dehydrate the jalapeños according to your directions. I dehydrated the peppers at 145 for 15 hours. I recommend doing this outdoors because of the strong fumes.

Check on jalapeños. They should be brittle and easy to break. Discard any fleshy soft peppers or dehydrate them until fully brittle.

In a blender, grind peppers and 1 cup of coarse salt until the peppers are broken down.

Store in an air tight container.

For hotter salt keep seeds. Take out for milder.

Jalapeño Salt is incredible on everything from salads, vegetables, baked potatoes, meat, pasta, and popcorn!! This Homemade Jalapeño Salt Recipe is easy to make. If you love jalapeño, you will LOVE this jalapeño salt!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here