Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My molcajete, my spice game and a lamb kabab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My molcajete, my spice game and a lamb kabab

I got a fancy, large molcajete (mortar and pestle) from Mexico at the end of last year. I have a small one but it’s not made of volcanic stone. This one just powers through the spices. It’s amazing. And it’s amazing how much better my spices taste freshly ground. I know that should be obvious but the theory never really inspired me. Now I’m in the process of throwing out all the little bottles that have been sitting in my cupboard for god knows how long.

My spice game is off the hook - so much more flavor. I highly recommend spending the extra 5 mins grinding as needed.

To this end I bought some ground lamb at Costco the other day and came across this super easy recipe. Really delicious. And, I was lazy and just made it in my broiler. Active cooking time - 20 mins.

Click image for larger version  Name:	808A9EEE-005D-40B7-BEA5-FE3CF19D59AB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.03 MB ID:	1368546
    Click image for larger version  Name:	CB99D313-3970-4D1E-9CB8-CF5F937C24AB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.06 MB ID:	1368545 Click image for larger version  Name:	7260C6B2-B034-47B6-AE6F-460A93D87D01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	1368543 Click image for larger version  Name:	2AC2624E-17A6-4DA1-AA00-04B663130685.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.63 MB ID:	1368544

I had one from Guanajuato, Mexico. Darn thing weighed about 10 pounds. Worked it over at the car wash when I first received it.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine is heavy as hell too. Little tanks!

On my to buy list, I really need to scope the local Mexican grocery shops to see what they have or have a friend snag me a legit one from Mexico the next time they visit family.

Comment

This meal looks fabulous!

and i love the molcajete! I don’t use mine often, but I do enjoy getting to use it for spices and fresh made guacamole!

Thanks for sharing the recipe as well!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here