Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headcheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headcheese

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone have a headcheese recipe that they would like to share?

l will be using trotters (pig feet), pork shanks and butt for the meat and to also generate the gelatine.

l will be making it in 110mm clear impermeable casings.

Thanks
    Ken

Don't have a recipe, but love old school head cheese
    Last edited by texastweeter; March 13, 2022, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• wkw
      wkw commented
      Editing a comment
      I love it too. I grew up with it. My parents would sprinkle a little vinegar on it.

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. Don’t see it very often but I buy it when I do. Don’t have the motivation to make it myself.

Try the head cheese section here to see if any look interesting. We usually make scrapple or souse which are in blocks but one of the others might be one you would like for stuffing. https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes

Comment

• wkw
      wkw commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the link!

Try theelliotthomestead.com home made heasxheese recipe. Looks pretty good.
    That is The Elliott Homestead site.

Comment

Boars Head brand of Hogs Head Cheese spread on crackers (saltines preferred) or used as a filling for po’boys, with a schmear of mustard. Serve it with hush puppies.
      Too bad I am the only one to consume it in my family.

Comment

A Norwegian variant..

Comment

• wkw
          wkw commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. I would like to get one of those ham presses! By the way, my wife is from Finland. Can't get enough pickled herring!

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks @Donw
          Pickled herring is really good indeed wkw Wife from Finland? Cool!

• wkw
          wkw commented
          Editing a comment
          Herring and rye bread! Can't forget the ritual of the sauna.

I am sure you are looking for recipes people have tried, but I found this in a recipe book called, "The Art of Creole Cookery." I got it from my Grandmother's library of recipe books. It was published in 1964.
        Attached Files

Comment

The first transaction I worked on as a lawyer was the acquisition of the Sheboygan Sausage Company and it was my job to assemble the schedules to the purchase agreement. Although I don’t remember the particulars, one of the schedules was the recipe for headcheese. Welcome to Wisconsin!

rob

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here