Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caramel Apple French Toast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caramel Apple French Toast

After I posted the caramel apple french toast I made last night, several folks asked for the recipe. Here's the recipe, from the Duluth Grill Cookbook. I made a couple modifications (primarily using a half loaf of a poppyseed bread instead of the Texas toast the recipe called for. If you are ever in Duluth, Minnesota, I recommend eating at the Duluth Grill.

Caramel-Apple French Toast

1 3/4 pounds cinnamon rolls
    6 slices Texas toast
    6 eggs
    2 Tbsp cinnamon
    1/4 c sugar
    2 c heavy cream
    1 c chopped pecans
    1 1/4 c diced apples

Cut cinnamon rolls and toast into 1x1" squares. Place in a mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl mix eggs, cream, sugar, apples, pecans, and cinnamon. Add the cinnamon rolls and bread to the liquid and mix until moist and binding.

Grease 2 large loaf pans. Divide the mix into each pan and press down lightly. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Prick the center to ensure it is fully cooked. Cool completely. Remove from pan and slice into beaten eggs in a bowl and fry in a skillet as you would regular french toast.
    ​

Thank you!

Comment

This sounds great. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

I can feel my butt getting bigger just reading your recipe.
        ....making it in the morning....

Comment

My doctors would kill me...

But then again, I have no plans on telling them...

Thanks for the post!

Comment

That sounds really good!

Comment

skipsdaughter Are the cinnamon rolls a refrigerated dough or already made cinnamon rolls? Sounds fantastic.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
                Oak Smoke commented
                Editing a comment
                I had the same question. I can’t wait to make this.

• skipsdaughter
                skipsdaughter commented
                Editing a comment
                I used already made cinnamon rolls -- I bought from the grocery store -- I imagine this came up as a way to use up day-old cinnamon rolls.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here