Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple and easy Rib Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple and easy Rib Roast

Tomorrow I will be smoking a prime rib roast. Found this on the internet. Simple and easy. My kind of cooking.
    Enjoy.

Smoked Prime Rib for Christmas - Learn to Smoke Meat with Jeff Phillips (smoking-meat.com)
    Instructions

Step 1: Prep the Prime Rib
    • Ask the butcher to cut off the bones and then tie it all back up for you. You can also ask him to "French" the bones for you to make it look really nice.
    Step 2: Oil and Seasoning
    • Apply a good coating of oil to the entire outside surface of the prime rib to help the seasoning to stick.
    • Sprinkle Jeff's Texas style rub onto the meat on all sides. Don't forget the ends.
    Step 3: Smoke Time
    • Setup your smoker for cooking at about 225°F
    • Apply light smoke for the entire time if possible or for at least 3 hours.
    • Monitor the temperature and when the temperature reaches about 130°F, remove it from the smoker.
    • Tent foil over the top of the meat and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
    Step 4: Slice and Serve
    • Cut the strings that are holding the roast and bones together.
    • Remove the rack of bones and set them aside.
    • Slice the roast into ½ to ¾ inch slices.
    • Serve to your guests and enjoy!

I really like Jeff Phillips recipes and cook to them often. Like this one, usually really simple and turn out great.

Comment

I did a sirloin tip last week using about the same recipe, only changes were mustard instead of oil for the binder and cooked at 260ish.
      Hmmm, if I left now I'd be there around dinner time....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here