Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow Smoked Gochujang Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watch Gochujang Mama on YouTube? She's got some interesting recipes.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris The last rack of ribs I smoked had a green mango rub I came up with and I sauced it with a gochujang BBQ sauce that included abode from chipotle chiles in adobo (Recipe: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/gr...barbecue-sauce). The BBQ sauce is phenomenal. The ribs? They were a little overdone because I decided going out for drinks after my haircut was a pretty good idea.
      Last edited by Attjack; February 25, 2020, 06:44 PM.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack I like the KB sauce from the Barbecue Bible recipe for Korean pulled pork - I've not thought to whip up a batch and put it on ribs, but think I may now try slathering ribs with gochujang as the rub prior to smoking, then brush with the gochujang based BBQ sauce for the finish.

I think I need a drink, just gotta figure out how to make it to the garage where a new keg of saison is on tap, without the women folk seeing me... oh wait! I need to bring the trashcan in from the street!

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack - Thanks for that link. The sauce sounds excellent. I have a large tub of gochujang in the fridge looking for a purpose.
      Last edited by Dewesq55; February 26, 2020, 01:16 PM.

First round of leftovers. The chicken went into a foil packet, and I roasted some brussel sprouts and a tomato. Meanwhile I made a Kung Pao sauce for the sprouts and drizzled dark soy sauce on the tomato.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200224_183405.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,019.8 KB ID:	808077
    Last edited by Attjack; February 24, 2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      You sure throw together a pretty plate. Even your leftovers look killer. You need to post on IG.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman I do have an IG food blog. My dog has an IG too and it's far more popular 😆

Attjack did you follow that recipe and cook for 3 hours at 300F, or something around that?

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, something around that for sure. This was another time I set up the kamado and then left. When I came back I think I was a little under 300 so I opened the vents and finished it maybe at 350. I pulled the chicken when it was 165.

WOWSER! That looks absolutely fabulous!

Comment

Tom kha shrimp soup made with broth from the gochujang chicken carcass. Side dishes from the Thai food cart a block away. jfmorris that's the gochujang BBQ sauce mixed with the sauce from the Thai cart.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200225_174505.jpg Views:	0 Size:	947.4 KB ID:	808511
      Last edited by Attjack; February 25, 2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I will be giving this a try. Thanks!

Comment

I learned about gochujang from another post here and it has become one of our favorite condiments. This looks excellent.

Comment

Many thanks to you, Attjack for this recipe. Since our CSA farmer is burying us in root vegetables, instead of potatoes, I used carrots, rutabagas, turnips and golden beets for the veggies. Also, instead of a 4 pound chicken, I went with a two pound package of breasts (bone in but skinless) and a two pound package of thighs. Smoked with lots of pecan wood at 275 to 165.

Just wow.

Here's the skillet fresh off the grill:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0723(1).jpg
Views:	235
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	809493

And then, since I'm not nearly as good at plating, here's the ugly deliciousness:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0724(Edited).jpg
Views:	204
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	809494

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great!

If you like the gochujang - try roasting red potatoes or fingerings - cut into smaller peices.
            Toss with gochujang
            Top with chives, creme fraiche, and a poached egg.

You won't be sorry.

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              That sounds really good. I might get have to try that.

Huskee here's one for the Asian sub.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Done and done!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here