Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Smokefire firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Smokefire firmware?

Anyone download the latest yet and do a test run?
    Attached Files

It would be great to gear that Weber has resolved their IT issues with the SF! Meanwhile, I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• Mark-B
      Mark-B commented
      Editing a comment
      😂 Think that may be a cloud over thy head!

I’ll give it a shot later today. Still on the fence about the EX6.

Comment

• Mark-B
      Mark-B commented
      Editing a comment
      Really wondering if more work was done on the smokeboost feature again.
      Last edited by Mark-B; January 5, 2022, 06:13 PM.

Weber always planned for Weber Connect updates to be ongoing.
    Last edited by Max Good; January 6, 2022, 10:42 AM.

Comment

They could use more helpful release notes!

Comment

Here goes nothing. Read the FAQs again after finding the weber connect app said I was current.

Step 1 - update App

Went to the app store, hit update, spinning wheel for a little while now. Aha, it didn't like the fact I already had the app open. Closed the app and boom.

Step 2 - update software

With the app updated, it now shows the software needs to be updated. It is telling me 25 minutes. The data might be transferred over Bluetooth instead of WiFi, as it won't work on WiFi only so I'm leaving the phone on the controller for a while.

OK 25 minutes in it was done. Shut it down as instructed, turned it back on. Took a minute or two to start then it started ANOTHER software update from xxxx to xxxx.c - don't start into this without a good charge on your phone and some spare time!

Step 3 - update firmware coming up next, I hope.

Comment

Software updated, it is does not seem to recognize any need for a firmware update. Can’t reach Weber support so I’ll pick this up later.

Comment

@bmillin, If it looked like this, you should be done then, no?
            Click image for larger version  Name:	B48DC9C1-D9C6-43C6-A7B5-ECC727084AE0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	862.4 KB ID:	1155136
            Last edited by Mark-B; January 5, 2022, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• bmillin
              bmillin commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the software update, according to Weber's FAQ once you have updated the app and the software, the firmware update should kick in. It didn't. I'll try support again today.

So, SNAFU..............

Comment

I'm still trying to get through to support on the firmware update. It seems like it is supposed to start automatically and take 15 minutes. I've tried twice with no luck. Now I'm worried that if I go in range of the thing and the update starts I can't walk away. There does not seem to be any indication of when the update is being processed.

Comment

• Mark-B
                Mark-B commented
                Editing a comment
                The last time I did updates it was pretty straight forward. I'll be trying mine tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Not yet ready for prime time.

Comment

Looks like they pulled that update, the website now shows 04054 as the latest version. That would explain why the update did not take place.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here