Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of getting a Traeger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convenience is what it gives more than anything in my opinion. I like bbq and it make it easy to create. I also like playing with fire and I got other grills for that. So should you get a third grill 🤣🤣🤣🤣 check out our tags!!!

Comment

I've had 4 Traegers and they are fine grills (minus the Costco Silverton). If WiFi doesn't matter to you and you won't go OCD over temp swings +/-25 degrees, you might get an older Pro model with the dial controller. I really think this controller produces better smoke output than the newer D2 controllers. However, you trade the WiFi monitoring and being able to change the temp from within the house for that, but save a good amount on cost usually. The smoke might get better on the D2's as they update firmware over time. I think I saw somewhere that their smoke boost might be available on the D2 Pro line now (I think it was only Ironwood and Timberline when D2 series launched). I also think they raised the max temp to 500 and that it was originally 450 at launch.

Comment

I'll chime in with BBQPhil on the Yoder here. I have a 640 and really like it for al the same reasons. You mentioned you were a quality kind of guy and Yoder build quality is great. Not sure about availability over there but I know they offer 220V units and their customer service is good.

Comment

I don't know about the Traeger but from my experience with the GMG I would not buy another pellet smoker unless it had a gas assist. They burn too much fuel at the higher temps and when the weather gets cold you cant afford to run them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EDD8CBB9-894F-4E9A-AC79-2E931263FDC5.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	934330 I have a Recteq RT-700. They offer a sewn to fit insulated blanket set for it. I cook on it year round on it here in WI where everyone knows it gets COLD. With the blanket, fuel consumption is about the same as in warmer months. Temps hold rock steady.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here