Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing find - RT-680 for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice! Hammie!!

Comment

Yeah, previous owner named it and did the artwork. What a name for a grill sporting bull horns! 🤣 Planning on repainting that lid.

Comment

You are going to love it! Great find!! May I suggest adding the WiFi controller. If you call customer service you may be able to talk them down to $99. That was the price they offered original owners when they introduced it. It is now $199.

Comment

I will definitely check out getting the wifi controller. Any other tips, improvements are welcome. Thanks

Comment

I v'e had mine 5-6 years. I had posted, I fixed it, and put bigger wheel's on it, Not long after i got it. but I do not know how to find my own post. would like to show you the pictures. also I'D forget the wifi controller. Buy the front shelf instead. use it a while and you will have a relationship with Hammie. You will know exactly where your at after cook on it for a while. Mine never deviates 5 degrees. It may over compensate 5 degrees after opening the door to spritz or something. Then right back to desired temp in a few minutes.

Comment

That is jus a wondermous find to happen upon, Congrats!

Gonna be lotsa Great Food come rollin out that baby!
              Reckon among th first I'd feed is th folks who give it away...

Comment

Originally posted by randy56 View Post
                I v'e had mine 5-6 years. I had posted, I fixed it, and put bigger wheel's on it, Not long after i got it. but I do not know how to find my own post. would like to show you the pictures. also I'D forget the wifi controller. Buy the front shelf instead. use it a while and you will have a relationship with Hammie. You will know exactly where your at after cook on it for a while. Mine never deviates 5 degrees. It may over compensate 5 degrees after opening the door to spritz or something. Then right back to desired temp in a few minutes.
                I had thought about the front shelf also. I can see the benefit after using it once. Why the wheels? Just for looks or do you move it around much? I don't plan on moving it once I figure out where it's home will be.

Comment

• randy56
                  randy56 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I keep it in the garage, roll it out for every use, Once a week at least. There is a 3/4 inch lip between my garage floor and asphalt drive. have turned it over before. It's great if you have a set up where you do not have to move it.

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
                That is jus a wondermous find to happen upon, Congrats!

Gonna be lotsa Great Food come rollin out that baby!
                Reckon among th first I'd feed is th folks who give it away...
                I'm hoping for lots of great food, plan on learning that from you all!

Comment

I love these kind of finds. A little curiously and effort pays off huge. I’m happy you were able to make out like a bandit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here