Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a new RecTec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rec tec seems like a very similar model to the Traeger, which I own three of, your gonna love the simplicity. It does really well at higher temperatures also. Hands down the convention style smoker makes the best poultry, chicken turkey etc..., you ever had every time. If your any thing like myself you will be looking for a cold smoke generator in the near future also.

Comment

• VTgriller76
      VTgriller76 commented
      Editing a comment
      What temps do you do your chicken & turkey?

• Quintin "Q"
      Quintin "Q" commented
      Editing a comment
      I start on the smoke setting for atleast half an hour then bump it up to 300 degrees for the rest of the cook. Everything I smoke I start with the lowest setting because pellet cookers just don't have as much smoke flavor as other style cookers.

Some poultry pics!
    Attached Files

Comment

• VTgriller76
      VTgriller76 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!!! I will have to try the low temp to start and then move it up to 300+

A little update guys. Rec Tec has a new form fit cover. Just got mine in and seems to be top quality and an excellent fit. I'm in Arizona so if our heat won't destroy it, I know you will be good to go.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here