Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to NOT sell a grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to NOT sell a grill

So this bad boy has been at my local Lowes in this condition for well over 2 months. They even moved it two rows over as they widened their grill display from the mowers goin' away for the year.... No wonder alot of the manufacturers are pulling out of storefront retail
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; November 25, 2019, 04:58 PM.

Makes you wonder how many employees walk right past it every day thinking "Not my job."

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      That's my thinkin', I know it's a "budget, big box store brand", but it's still $600 and one of those selling every few months is part of many reasons ya earn a paycheck every month if you work at that store. Surely the person who moved the thing to it's new isle at least would think maybe it needs to go in the back or get slapped with a discount sticker or something.

Wow!

Comment

If I were the manager I'd come unhinged.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd flip my lid

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't take it lying down either.

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        HA!

Looks like there is a small bracket missing. And from zooming in it appears there are some thru holes. My guess they lost the bracket (Got stolen by a customer who needed one) or the new guy is trying to figure out where to get nuts and bolts to fix it (Hint: isle 10 bay 007).

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        So the mount for the hinge was broken last month, now the entire hinge is gone. Plus all the scratches on the unit which I assume is from customers messing with the broken lid.

Call Pit Boss and see if they will send you a bracket. If so, go to the store and offer $50 to take it off their hands since it’s all messed up. Maybe you score a deal, maybe not.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here