Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good build quality entry level pellet smoker for a wedding gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good build quality entry level pellet smoker for a wedding gift

I really like the Camp Chef Woodwind on paper, especially because of the addon options with the sidekick gas burner. And its a platinum winner here. But I've read too many review about paint peeling and rust which scared me off, especially since this will be wedding gift.

Any pit faves for good quality pellet smokers in the same $1K price range?

Some good options here

Grilla Grills isn't just the best place to shop for premium-quality grills and smokers. We're also an excellent resource for those who love the art of outdoor cooking

Comment

• Baltimorelger
      Baltimorelger commented
      Editing a comment
      Grilla OG all the way!

Was going to say Grilla as well.

Comment

My buddy just got a Weber Smokefire, I got to play with it and I don't care what anyone thinks lol, it's a great cooker!!

Comment

• big_mack
        big_mack commented
        Editing a comment
        the new smokefire version 3 isn't available in my market yet. And its several hundred more than I want to spend. But if it was cheaper and available I'd definitely have it on the list. I imagine the build quality is great.

I bought a Grilla Silverbac a little over a year ago. I am very happy with it.

Comment

Take a look at Recteq. The RT-590 is within your price range. I have the RT-700 which a bit higher but is larger and has a longer warranty. Solid as a rock. Outstanding customer service even though you rarely need it.

Comment

• big_mack
          big_mack commented
          Editing a comment
          I was looking at recteq a few minutes ago. But I'm in Canada and there are not any retailers up here yet and recteq stopped shipping to Canada. Bummer. Looks like very good quality.

The Bullseye is the most versatile grill I've ever owned. There's nothing else like it out there for $500

Comment

STEbbq grantgallagher Rob Johnston thanks for the recommendation for Grilla. Quality looks like a good step up from camp chef. Powder coating. Welded joints. And there is one point of sale for them in Canada and they are only a few kilometers from me.

Comment

$1K price range? Dang! Got any other daughters? Oh, I’m married 33 years, never mind…..carry on! 😁

Comment

For me it came down to Grilla and RecTeq. I chose Grilla and could not be happier. I do not think you can go wrong with either.

Comment

The big plus for the Grilla is the double walled insulation which I would expect to be a nice benefit for our Canadian friends.

Comment

Also right now Grilla is offering 12 bags of pellets free with an Alpha connect Silverbac or OG purchase.

I have a Grilla OG and couldn’t be happier with it.

Comment

Yup Grilla OG, unique well designed and constructed. Plus the cool fire window.....

Comment

• grantgallagher
                      grantgallagher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I love my OG, dont remember the last time i actually saw fire through the fire window though...really should clean it more often.

• DrJimmy2112
                      DrJimmy2112 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      grantgallagher - Seeing the fire is the reward for cleaning the burn area. Paper towel and spray cleaner before cleaning the internal temp probe. Then I step back and admire the mini fireplace....

I really enjoy my Traeger, but you may check out entry-level Traeger Pro 22 Pellet Grill Bronze | Traeger Grills®.
                    The grills last years and they just work.

Myself, I would try to avoid the gimmicky sear stations in a pellet grill.

Last edited by bbqLuv; May 25, 2022, 07:15 AM.

Comment

I have a Traeger Pro 22. I have no issues with it. Have had it for 5 years.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
                      2024 Weber Contest