Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate MAKing decisions, but I ordered a new grill AND bought a new house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m just saying, if I were buying a new cooker, I’d look for one that has at least 3 stars..

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      there's a bit of a price jump to the 3 star, and the 4 star isn't even officially listed but exists

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      Now thats funny!! however (as you probably already know) the full name is MAK 2 star General.

Looks lovely from the outside. Send pix when you get it decorated inside. And good luck with that grill.

Comment

Hey now, you still owe us a post comparing the merits of the top 5- or 6 cookers you were looking at right? right?

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I haven't forgotten...you'll get something tonight or tomorrow...actually still working and multi-tasking here a bit at the same time while waiting for tests to run, etc.

Very sound choice especially with the set points that controller uses in relationship to temp and fan speed.
      Just make sure no "interloper" accepts delivery and then threatens to hold the MAK hostage.
      Congrats once again.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        I made sure I set it to come straight to me after your ⚠️

Bottle of wine, fruit of the vine, Let me go to the basement and start over.

Comment

Congrats! Looking forward to your experiences.

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker, and you had me going on the house until I clicked that link... I was hoping your patio space problems were over!

Comment

Congrats and good luck with it! Post some pics after you get it.

Comment

Congratulations on your new cooker! Can't wait to see it in action.

Comment

Is that your new house because you bought a new grill?

Comment

• glitchy
                  glitchy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, honestly we did discuss it before I bought it, and she was reluctantly was OK with it, but when it arrives (and she probably helps me with a couple assembly steps and moving it to the patio). I’ll get the cold shoulder and stink eye for a few days to a couple weeks. It’s like she doesn’t believe I’m really going to do it after 25 years and then really gets mad when it shows up.
                  Last edited by glitchy; February 9, 2021, 11:56 PM.

• tstalafuse
                  tstalafuse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  glitchy well, VD is coming up so you have a day to make amends with something nice for her and then weeks of shoulder rubs to take care of that cold shoulder while you serve lotsa great dinners.

• Clark
                  Clark commented
                  Editing a comment
                  glitchy When the credit card bill comes in and your wife sees it, you'll be sleeping in the new "Chateau de BowWow.

My dogs want your address

Comment

I like your priorities--spend the money on the grill that you want even if it means you have to downsize your current residence and need to move into a smaller house to afford it!!

Comment

Welcome to the MAK family brutha! Look forward to seeing and hearing more once you have it sitting outside your new house 🥴

Comment

I have a MAK 2 star. Sorry I didn't see this sooner but hope you didn't spring for the Wifi? Mine has never worked. Otherwise a great pellet smoker. Use it all the time. (I'm lazy so like doing overnight cooks its perfect for that!!) I love doing what I call Hybrid cooks. smoke the protein on my Off set for 3 or 4 hours until I get the color and bark I want then wrap and put it on the Mak to finish so I can get some much needed sleep! (thank the fates for Wifi Thermometers (Firedborad II for the win!))

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        GadjetGriller call MAK they'll sort you out on the firmware upgrade, it made the wifi work for pretty much everyone. And it doesn't go to smoke mode with a disconnect anymore like it used to.

• GolfGeezer
                        GolfGeezer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        GadjetGriller My MAK is also 3 years old. I did have connectivity problems with the WiFi even with my extender. The newer firmware fixes that issue. Also, MAKs can only connect to 2G networks. That can be an issue for mesh networks like Orbi or google WiFi. Talk to MAK service - they will solve this for you.
                        Last edited by GolfGeezer; February 15, 2021, 02:53 PM.

• GadjetGriller
                        GadjetGriller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you ItsAllGoneToTheDogs & GolfGeezer I will check into it! The Wifi was the main reason I bought it back when! was really disappointed when it didn't work. KOOL!

It just got real...now I will sleep even less for the next several days due to anxious anticipation:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here