Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate MAKing decisions, but I ordered a new grill AND bought a new house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GolfGeezer
    commented on 's reply
    glitchy Thank God it at least arrived! I was going to start a "Search and Rescue for Glitchy's MAK" GoFundSomething to hire thugs to track it down. Can't have our resident MCS Pit Reviewer stressed out like this...

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    willxfmr Nope and thank goodness nope. Also, love the edit comment, I have that same disorder.

• willxfmr
    commented on 's reply
    I'm guessing it was either a pot fire due to numerous failed ignitions. Or, tinkywinky got caught in the door. For your sake, I'm rooting for the former rather than the latter
    Last edited by willxfmr; February 24, 2021, 10:11 PM. Reason: Post, then proofread. That's how I do ti

• glitchy
    replied
    Look for a new thread soon

I’m tired as it’s been a long day. I may have cracked the straps on the pallet at noon and finally gotten a burn in started at 7:45 PM. Only thing I’ll give away right now is that I made the mistake of saying yesterday that I’ve never had something happen before and now I can no longer say that.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    rwalters I'm not blaming MAK for it at all. I heard they had a pretty bad ice storm last weekend, but for a place that gets ice storms for it to sit still for a week seems odd. I used to love FedEx as they used to deliver a day or two early more often than late, but they've struggled since the pandemic hit. All kinds of late mail order meat deliveries last summer for Pit brothers and sisters.

• rwalters
    commented on 's reply
    It’s not a MAK thing... it’s a FedEx/bad weather thing. I have a couple of items en route and they are taking waaaaay longer than normal.

• GadjetGriller
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you ItsAllGoneToTheDogs & GolfGeezer I will check into it! The Wifi was the main reason I bought it back when! was really disappointed when it didn't work. KOOL!

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Horse drawn wagons are sooo 18th century. They’re using that new fangled Pony Express.

• Steve B
    replied
    Well at least you'll have something to celebrate for on the 4th.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    replied
    At the current shipping speed, I might have my new cooker by the 4th of July. It's made it 76 miles in one week with 1776 miles more yet to go Guess I shouldn't have made a joke in another thread about horse drawn wagons as that appears to be the shipping method used for my grill.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    I bought the Rosie add on, it goes to the store, buys the meat, seasons, cooks, rests, slices and serves it. It’s a new subscription model they are trying out on callers that seem gullible enough. Apparently, I did and it seemed like a bargain at $499.99/month.

You’re not missing anything exciting and will see soon enough. I always cover my grills and already mentioned I bought the MAK mobile module.

• STEbbq
    replied
    Whoa whoa whoa.

Accessories? Which ones?

You are leaving our key details for those that plan to live vicariously though you.

Leave a comment:

• GolfGeezer
    commented on 's reply
    GadjetGriller My MAK is also 3 years old. I did have connectivity problems with the WiFi even with my extender. The newer firmware fixes that issue. Also, MAKs can only connect to 2G networks. That can be an issue for mesh networks like Orbi or google WiFi. Talk to MAK service - they will solve this for you.
    Last edited by GolfGeezer; February 15, 2021, 02:53 PM.

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    I’m doing alright, I think they may have shipped a couple accessories separately and I might not have the tracking info for the actual grill to know when it will be here.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    3 days to go, how you holding up glitchy?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here