Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Chimp Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Chimp Experiment

So I have cooked several things with the Chimp now, including burgers and brats, and I really like the lazy factor. Turn it on. Put on food. Turn it off. But yesterday, since we had this COVID, distanced, zoomed Christmas going on, I decided to do a comparison. I broke a turkey down and cooked half on the kettle/SNS and half on the chimp. We prefer our turkey done a little lower and slower, as we think it yields juicer meat, so I ran the Chimp at 265; the kettle ran at about 280. The outside temps were in the 20s, so this was a good test for the Chimp. The results were as expected. Both halves were excellent, but the smoke flavor was much more noticeable on the kettle turkey, I used a few cherry chunks. Used B&B Comp Blend in the Chimp. Pics maybe 1/2 hour before removing. Both took right around 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	EE21EAEE-1140-415F-B99F-0EEAA5C23CCE.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	1.99 MB ID:	962915
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C91AC376-6BB3-44DC-854A-5EDD462B9014.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	2.72 MB ID:	962916
    Last edited by klflowers; December 26, 2020, 10:27 AM.

Having fun with your gadgets I see. The one other thing missing for now is a ... ... ...

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't encourage HawkerXP

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      What? Because you think HawkerXP is going to come along and chant "PBC... PBC... PBC..."?

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment

Next Chimp Experiment? My first thought was grill monkey?
    Try different pellet flavors. Try lower temps.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Only chimp liver. Served on Panhead John plates.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      He does have some nice plates.
      They go with PBR, in my opinion.
      grilled chimp liver and onion, or bacon.
      klflowers, Like the way you think.

Comment

Excellent choice to go with the PJ Plates. A lot of people will upgrade to get the Premium Brand, as they have been scientifically proven to enhance the taste of your food, after being allowed to rest for 10 minutes or so. For more information on my Premium Brand, please visit my website www.screwmebigtime.com
      Last edited by Panhead John; December 27, 2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I thought of Dr Jane Goodall when I saw the thread title!

Comment

There will be a day when..........

Comment

I'd say that's a winner either way!

Comment

I just want to say those turkey bits look good, like really good 😎🤠

Comment

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks. They turned out pretty good.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here