Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Offering from Camp Chef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Offering from Camp Chef

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I received a notification about this in my email today. There is also a teaser video about it on their Facebook site. I'm an old school charcoal/wood guy (albeit an amateur even at that). As such, I take their "never had this on a pellet smoker before" marketing as just that - marketing. Regardless, I thought I would share it with the group.

The Woodwind Pro pellet grill brings easy and delicious BBQ right to your back patio. WIFI enabled, with a new smoke box.

Welcome to the official Facebook Page of Camp Chef. www.campchef.com www.instagram.com/campchef... Hyde Park, UT

- Steve
    Last edited by NumbWhistle; September 19, 2022, 12:24 PM.

I saw that today as well and thought great, another toy to consider. Oh well, gotta love another variation on a theme.

Comment

New and improved beats old and used. LOL
      Have to wait and see

Comment

On their website it shows something that looks like a pellet cooker in shadow with no other info.

Does the falsebook page show something different?

Comment

The Facebook page just has some YouTubers talking in brief snippets about how this is a "game changer." Camp Chef seems like a pretty well respected brand - I've just never used a pellet cooker before.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            I think there are some possibilities that could include a hybridized system that can improve the performance of pellet smokers/pellet grills. If I had a shop or something of my own, I might consider building something, but... oh well. Interesting to see what they've come up with.

Idk, my stuff comes out pretty good now. I’m not their customer, I don’t think.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            Editing a comment
            I have enjoyed my pellet grills for many years, but after getting the Smoke Vault 24, I am enjoying the heavier smoke possibilities, too. So I'm always interested in something that can fulfill multiple roles. At this point, however, it would have to really fulfill those really really well to displace one of my existing solutions. A stick burner might be in my future someday, but I'd need a new home - for multiple reasons. lol

It will be interesting to see what they came up with.

Comment

Interesting

Comment

Whatever it is, I hope they made it with a better quality of stainless steel than their other products.

Kathryn

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Is the stainless on your 4 burner cart looking rough?

My FTG900 flat top stainless is good other than a few burned on gunk spots near the side tables, but I sure have complaints about the paint/powdercoat quality. Bottom shelf of the cart has bubbling paint, and the plastic bezel of all 6 control knobs has peeling fake chrome. The bezels were peeling and flaking in the first year, but when I looked at their warranty, it SPECIFICALLY states that finishes are not covered by the warranty.

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                jfmorris The stainless steel front piece on my 4 burner outdoor gas range started last year to show small bits of surface rust in a couple of places. So I followed Uncle Bob 's recommendation and used Barkeeper's Friend on it. That just spread the rust spots further. They haven't progressed in a year, which is good, but the cover is definitely not as pretty as it once was. I'll update a topic on it and see what can be done.

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Kathryn I've got some spots on the stainless adjacent to the two side shelves on my Camp Chef flat top, but I've been figuring it was due to food drips getting burned on. It is crazy hot where heat comes out of each side of the griddle! So far no issues with the front where the controls are, aside from the peeling fake chrome on the plastic bezels around each knob. I may end up getting a small brush and painting those bezels black or something.

Max was able to see this in person at their limited invite expo at their headquarters and he explained it to a few of us. It's cool! I've asked him if I can share what I know or if Camp Chef has requested secrecy at this time.

So hang tight, I might be able to quell your wonderings.....

UPDATE: Secrecy is requested until 9/26.

Comment

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                C'mon spill tha beans! Why teas is if your not gonna tell us! Wait....is it another pellet pooper? If so...nah don't worry bout it.
                Last edited by texastweeter; September 19, 2022, 06:54 PM.

This article came across my google feed.

The Woodwind Pro is an exciting innovation in outdoor cooking. Having the convenience of a pellet grill with the smoke flavor of an offset expands the capabilities of a pellet grill. We'll be eagerly waiting for September 26th to hear more about it.

i am certainly intrigued!

Comment

Sure looks to me like they've added a place to burn wood chunks on a souped up version of the Woodwind pellet smoker. They kept showing dropping wood chunks or mini splits into a pile of embers in a small box, so maybe its got a place above the pellet burn pot where you put wood?

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
                  Editing a comment
                  That's kind of what I was thinking - I believe that could be a significant improvement in pellet smoker technology and performance. The biggest complaint about pellet poopers is less smoke - I can verify this with using my Smoke Vault - my food comes out significantly differently on the Vault. If that's truly what they've done, they might get my attention.

Although I need significantly more space for cooking anymore, as well. A larger offset might be where I end up in the longrun anyways.
                  Last edited by DogFaced PonySoldier; September 20, 2022, 09:37 AM.

I’m not interested in buying this, whatever it is. But I’m very interested in seeing what they come out with, how it cooks, and how it plays out in the marketplace.

Comment

I just watched the video on Facebook and a side video popped up showing it as the all new Windwood Pro. Claimed to have all the convenience of a pellet grill with the flavor of an offset.

Comment

Apparently it is now live and up for order:

The Woodwind Pro pellet grill brings easy and delicious BBQ right to your back patio. WIFI enabled, with a new smoke box.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here