Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Grilling Center for my KJ Jr. !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great! I assume you have a forklift or pallet jack to move that thing around!?!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, nope, just good old midwestern American/Norwegian heritage. LOL.

I do actually have casters to put on it, but I am not gonna bother.

I am now going to make plans for my BGE too. Such a fun project to get done. It is always fun to make a little saw dust!

Comment

Inspiring! Love how you customized it for your height. I'm a shorty at 5'9", so if I ever visited you I couldn't cook w/o a step stool Love the paver idea too, genius!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!! I cooked a steak on the Jr. Last night and it was great to work at an acceptable table height. It's like a whole new world!

Great job Spin.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, sir!

RonB I am waiting to stain it until it gets a bit warmer out, then she will really shine!

Comment

Nice Job....So inspiring that I just finished my material list for a table my 26" Weber can fit in!!! Like the idea of the paver!!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Great to hear! Make sure you show us the build. Projects like this are so fun.

I’m very impressed! Great job!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! It was a fun project!

Well It is finally warm enough over night in MN for me to stain my table! I had to take the top off and the kamado out to do it.

I just need to touch up a few spots and stain one more board in the back and she will be all done. I will post some more pics once I add the plate setter and the kamado back into the table.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	61152509496__1F3DC4DA-5BF3-4003-9469-55B802F6403A.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	848764Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7802.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	848763Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7801.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	848765

I am also going to add this towel rack I made in the shop and a few more hooks the the from posts to hold a few utensils. I am also making a holder for my plate setter to be hung off the right side of the table. I think I am going to make that out of thin rebar using a some heat and a vice.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7813.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	848766

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          In case you are curious.......I used Cabot Australian Timber Oil Jarra Brown for the stain. Sanded there whole table down with 80-Grit on my orbital.

What a great project. I can tell you're having fun with it, Spinaker . Hope the rain holds off.

Kathryn

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I stained it on Monday night, and so far so good! I think I can re assemble today and get the accessories put together too. Hope you are well Kathryn!

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          John, we're hanging in there, like everyone else I guess. I sure have enjoyed seeing you work on this project. You do so much good with your cooks, sharing them with the community as you do. Spinaker

Kathryn

Awesome job! That really looks nice! Loving the paver idea too, that will come in handy!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Nate! It already has!

I guess I never updated this after I put the stain on my table. I went with Cabot Jarrah Brown stain. This stuff should hold up for a long time. I love the dark color too.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	816837B5-D4BE-475F-8D01-4B0FC10A791B.jpeg Views:	136 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	973718Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7952.jpeg Views:	113 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	973719

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          The Cabot stuff is great! I just bought a gallon to reapply for my landing at the lake house. Not cheap, but it definitely is worth the price!

And I also use the jarrah brown! Your table looks great!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, it is the best stuff!

Thanks! Good luck on the lake house! @barefly

Damn Spin! I haven’t been on the Pit much. Look at your picture. I wouldn’t have recognized you without the name. 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I know! Where ya been? We've missed you.

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker I missed yous (a little PA lingo from my days in Bethlehem) too. It warms my soul to read your and Mr Bones’ posts. Mr. Bones
          Last edited by JCBBQ; February 11, 2021, 03:19 PM.

Made a renovation. I needed a bigger hot plate surface and I found this piece of slate at my Dad's place. I sanded it down and cleaned it up quite a bit. It fits nicely in the table after I cut a few boards to make it fit properly. I was pretty happy with the upgrade. I gained about 3 inches on both ends of the hot plate over the previous one I had installed. It does not sound like much, but it sure does make a difference. And I finally put the casters on!.......only took a year and a half for me to do that. LOL
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image_134840.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.5 KB ID:	1102625 Before Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3790.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	1102626 After

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          CaptainMike That fire extinguisher was purchased cause I knew you would be all over me if I was not playing safe. Thank you!

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks nice John. Hope you don't need to used the Fire Extinguisher.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Skip I hope it never comes in handy either.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here