Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Smoker Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Smoker Time

Hey Guys!

Brand new here.

I currently have a Louisiana grills CS450 pellet grill that I have outgrown. I want something that gives better smoke flavour, is bigger, and that requires a bit more skill to cook. I have been looking at Lang 36, Horizon 20" Icon, and the LSG 20x44.

I would love the option of burning charcoal as well so I can still do a set it and forget it type of cook sometimes.

I live in Toronto, Canada so shipping is going to be a huge cost.

There are a few canadian custom builders but I do not feel confident enough to know from looking at the products if they are good quality or not.

Really just looking for any information to help make the choice. Wanting to spend about 2000USD or so.

Thank you in advance

Phad

Welcome to the pit from the California Delta.
    Both Lang and LSG build top quality cookers. I have an LSG insulated cooker and am very satisficed with the workmanship of the unit and how it cookers. It weights 900 pounds and cost me $590 in shipping to California. You're probably about the same distance. I have no idea of tariffs or taxes in Canada. But I think you might be a little light in the budget. Good luck!!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia! No experience with either of those cookers, but I am sure you will get the answers you need.

Comment

We have a meat up tonight on zoom and the topic is log burners. Join in and hopefully you will learn a bit.

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Starring a pretty reputable pit maker from what I remember đź‘Ť

Originally posted by Ahumadora View Post
        We have a meat up tonight on zoom and the topic is log burners. Join in and hopefully you will learn a bit.
        What are the details on that?

Scott

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
          Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

I have a Horizon 20" Classic, an can attest to their quality. Lang an LSG's quality is top-notch, as well.

Comment

Welcome from sunny South Florida!
            I have the Lone Star 20x42. Because we are in Florida no need for an insulated firebox. It weighs in @ 800 lbs. I think you are going to have to raise the budget to go this route. BTW, you won’t be disappointed, great cooker!! Click image for larger version

Name:	E00B0C17-B583-4AFC-9503-AE4E7B2C7E7F.jpeg
Views:	337
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	918441

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn boy. That’s Sweeeeeet.

Hello from Oregon,
            Let us know what you decide. My self I would real hard at the Land Hybrid.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club and thanks for giving us a try and for introducing yourself. We hope you’ll decide to stick around. What a jump going from pellets to a stickburner, good for you! You will love the flavor increase. Just remember there's no getting up, putting the meat on, then going back to bed with a stickburner!

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then My Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
                2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as one of our 3 monthly "Great Giveaway" Sweepstakes winners, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome fellow Canuck! Nice upcoming project you have. You might want to take a look at some small Quebec smoker builders. The artisan builder scene is growing. Check for Hamrforge They have amazing stuff. Also heard of one builder coming on the scene soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBry View Post
                    Welcome fellow Canuck! Nice upcoming project you have. You might want to take a look at some small Quebec smoker builders. The artisan builder scene is growing. Check for Hamrforge They have amazing stuff. Also heard of one builder coming on the scene soon.
                    I saw hammrforge but their offset smoker is $5500. What other Canadian builders are you aware of?
                    Last edited by Phaddie; October 1, 2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. I have heard good things about Hamrforge. I know we have a member who had one shipped to Australia. Hopefully he will see this post and comment.

I also know Max Good has said his friends in Canada love them.
                        Last edited by Donw; October 1, 2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here