Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Watchman Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are really cool! I still want one of these.

Comment

• Alphonse
      Alphonse commented
      Editing a comment
      If something happened to mine, I would have another one on order within 24 hours. It is a fun grill to cook on. Highly interactive and you see everything going on. It generates some very nice fire roasted meat! My wife loves the stuff that comes off and is always quick to tell people is not too smokey. I always cook on a live flame of course.

Tandoori boneless, skinless chicken thighs last night.

Kicking it off. It was a chilly night and the fire felt great. Had a sniff of bourbon to go with it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210113_234328490.PORTRAIT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	974180

Chicken hitting the grill:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210113_235629647.PORTRAIT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	974181

Finishing up:

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210114_000542739.jpg Views:	0 Size:	791.2 KB ID:	974179

Comment

• cgrover60
      cgrover60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe it's just me but I'd rather drink the bourbon.

^^^^^^I think everyone needs more of this in their life ^^^^^^^

Comment

Hey have you seen the "new and improved" cooktop top for this? https://thewatchmanstove.com/product...proved-cooktop

I still want one!

Comment

Originally posted by Arsenlael View Post
        Hey have you seen the "new and improved" cooktop top for this? https://thewatchmanstove.com/product...proved-cooktop

I still want one!
        Yes, I have! To be honest I have not had a big problem with the one I have since I don't tend to overload it. But that is a good upgrade.

Comment

Cooked a slab of ribs on the Lone Star AGS last night and had some left over. I trimmed them up and warmed them up on the Watchman tonight. I do like my Watchman on a cool evening! This little grill is one of my favorites and gets a workout.

Timmed and hit the hot grate of the Watchman

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210402_004940041.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1011916

Sauced and ready to take to the kitchen:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210402_010359208.PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1011917

Comment

So does the grill have a damper (handle on the side) or is it just fire size driven?? Very interesting Grill.

Comment

• Alphonse
              Alphonse commented
              Editing a comment
              No damper, just "throttle with splits".

Everytime this thread comes back around I want one of these a little more...

Comment

• Alphonse
              Alphonse commented
              Editing a comment
              Between home and a camp, I own numerous grills/pits. This is absolutely one of my favorites. I don't do long cooks on it of course but for a pork tenderloin, chicken thighs, chops, etc. it is the bomb! Highly interactive and quite appropriate for a good bourbon on the rocks! A Kindling Cracker to go with it is a must.

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Alphonse, I see one in my future. Not sure when, but I know it is coming. I'll have to wait a little while since I just got a pellet grill, but I can feel it coming on.

• Andrrr
              Andrrr commented
              Editing a comment
              klflowers EVERY. TIME.

I like this. I want one. Thanks for keeping this topic alive, and thus my MCS.

Comment

wow this thing is wicked cool! Mini stick burner to satisfy the live fire urge. The charcoal attachment is very cool indeed.

I think there will be one in my future.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here