Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stick Burners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighbor has a big double red oak he wants dropped and that should give me more wood that I need. Another neighbor is going to take part of it and he has a log splitter that he is going to let me use so I can get my wood and start it seasoning before I get the Lang.

Comment

Nice score right there.

Comment

• Marauderer
        Marauderer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jon Solberg It is going to be a bit of work but, I have more time than money at this point in my life.

Marauderer WOW! That is great. You will be in perfect shape for doing up some proper smoked beef! Oak/red oak is my favorite for beef, or even mixed with pecan. If you can cut some 5" long mini splits and box them tightly in a large flat rate box from the post office, it should cost $17.90 to ship anywhere. I will gladly pay you that plus your time to send me some! That will still be cheaper then fruitawoodchunks.com. Alas, I have no access to red oak right now...

Comment

• Marauderer
        Marauderer commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee I will send you red oak. I will let it season and dry out first so it will keep the weight down

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Marauderer

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Marauderer, you can even send it green. I kiln my green wood in my old smoker. Lemme know what I owe you for shipping and time.

Marauderer , speaking of your Lang, Barry, how's your new cooker coming along...is it ordered yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        Marauderer , speaking of your Lang, Barry, how's your new cooker coming along...is it ordered yet?
        I hope to get it in September but, I have to see how the summer goes.

Comment

Here's what I have, still trying to learn how to use this bad boy.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dilla; April 9, 2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahh yes, the Horizon RD Marshall. Nice! I have it's twin from Yoder. Good food and fun times in your future.

Here's another picture.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dilla; April 9, 2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
            PaulstheRibList commented
            Editing a comment
            Love your cooker. Mine looks nearly identical. 22 inch pipe, correct? Does it have a plate that you can raise or lower between the firebox and the cooker?

• Dilla
            Dilla commented
            Editing a comment
            Paul do you mean a convection plate? if so it does have that, however it doesn't raise or lower it slides back n forth to help regulate your temps from right to left.

Not sure why my pictures are posting so small ??

Comment

Where do stick burner owners get their wood? That is what holds me back. Living in South Dakota trees are in short supply. Oak and other trees for obtaining smoking wood are even harder to come by. I can get charcoal and pellets but don't know how to get stick wood.

Comment

bep35

I think a lot of us probably cut our own, scavenge where we can, know someone who wants a tree or two cut, etc. If there are any firewood delivery places near you then you may be able to order a few cords...if it's the right kind that is.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7953.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	77275 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7954.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	77276 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7955.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	77277 Hello bep35, I have a firewood yard down the street from my house and he usually has a pretty good variety of stuff. I buy the logs and bring them home and then split them. here is some stuff I just recently bought. I got some Oak, Apple, Cherry, and Walnut. The second picture is a rack I just had built by a local Wrought Iron worker to hold all my splits next to my pit.
              Last edited by Dilla; April 9, 2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Dilla, that really looks good!!

Comment

Indeed Dilla that's a nice setup you have!

Comment

Now that's commitment!

Comment

Did someone say firewood...
                      Pecan on the left (there's still a bunch on the ground, waiting for me to build and stain a second, larger, rack), and the right and very top on the left is Oak. Stickburning fun!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1428.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	77378

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here