Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going whole hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on pulling the trigger Eugene. That smoker is a beauty. Hope you will have time to let us know how things are going and send pictures.

Comment

Thanks again, guys.

Ray, I thought about the truck/smoker combo but it's way out of my price range. There's a truck out here that does this with upright pellet smokers in a back porch-like area which is cool looking. They make good bbq, too!

Guy, the pics are just examples but I'm getting mine custom made and should look similar. Those Meadow Creek and Yoder smokers look absolutely beautiful, though!
      Last edited by eugenek; February 11, 2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Eugene, I was at the Lang factory this week and on their warming boxes there are two supplies to it . One is like in your pic directly off the top of the fire box and a second supply that comes from the reverse smoker. I liked that idea as you can set it up for heat only or mostly smoke, your choice.

Comment

Neat Barry! Both sources still come from the firebox though, right? One directly from the firebox and the other through the smoking chamber. Sounds like you still might not be able to control the smoke but it would help with the heat maybe? I'm headed to Atlanta for the weekend and I wish I had time to check them out in person.

Comment

Eugene I am sending you a PM check your messages.

Comment

Update on the smoker build… The tank is 5'x30".
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6957.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	68593

Comment

Things are moving along as far as getting legal. The amount of paperwork and bureaucracy is quite something. I've got an inspection coming up next week with both the health department and fire marshal. It's not with the new smoker since it won't be ready, but I'll be demonstrating on my WSM at a shared community kitchen which is my home base. Got my business name, applied for my business license, setup my business account, almost finished with my logo, talking with a buddy to help me out, etc. Lots of moving parts.

If 90% of restaurants fail, it's not for lack of effort. Really amazing how restaurants persevere!

Comment

eugenek If you haven't put together a business plan you really need to do one. It will be a living document that will have changes over a period of time. It will also help you identify your competition and everything about your business. It also really helps if you are going to get a loan to expand your business. Lenders like nto see the business plan. It will also help you to identify your weak areas so you will have them identified and can work at correcting them.

Comment

Hey Barry, I think I've got a good start on ideas, plans, finances, etc. that I've complied within a Google spreadsheet for the last couple months. I haven't thought too much about getting a business loan or about expanding the business beyond just the trailer. I suppose I'll need to get there, but for now my plan is pretty simple—just getting legal to cook at the butcher shop. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

eugenek I wish you the best of luck on your new adventure in the BBQ world.

Comment

From what you have shared with us you are definitely heading in the right direction. That and good luck will make it successful.

Comment

Here she is… I humbly submit my application to join the ranks of my fellow log burners. The last couple weeks I've had to make do with cooking on my WSMs and kettle to serve at the market, but now I can finally handle it in one pit. The built-in starter torch is a nice touch. FIRE!

Name:	image_8904.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	82841

Name:	image_8905.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	82840

Name:	image_8902.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	82839

Name:	image_8903.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	82838

Comment

Beautiful, brother. Just beautiful.

Comment

Go Eugene, go Eugene! Nice rig!

Comment

Awesome, hope we see some pics of this thing fired up in full glory!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X
                                false
                                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                                false
                                false
                                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                                Yes
                                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here