Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commercial smoker build in Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial smoker build in Argentina

Here's a commercial smoker 2 of us built in a week. 120 hours of sweat, dust and noise working 12 hour days. Let me know your thoughts on it.
    Last edited by Ahumadora; January 24, 2016, 09:53 AM.

Ahumadora, Does it have a price set for it? It would be great to see some Smokes off it! Thanks for the Pics!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

That looks really great. I hope it smoked half as good as it looks. Best of luck with it.

Comment

Am going to fire it up and check everything today (no meat just fire). It is going to get shipped out to the client tomorrow, so he can do first cook. I will probably go by in a week or 2 and check how it is running.

Comment

That pit looks serious!

Comment

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
            Ahumadora, Does it have a price set for it? It would be great to see some Smokes off it! Thanks for the Pics!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
            75,000 Argentine pesos, about $5,500. It is 1.5 tons and steel is not cheap here.

Comment

Wow that is sweet. Insulated verticals rock.

Comment

That's a beast! How many racks of ribs will it cook at one time?

Comment

Not sure. A lot of ribs is all I can say 6 grates of 39 1/2" x 37 1/2" so calculate that.

I lit it today and took 20 mins to go from 100 to 230F with lump charcoal and dry Pecan branches using a weed burner to light it. Both the upper and lower air intakes suck air without blowing smoke from the get go, so that is a good sign. I opened the grease valve while at 300F and it was sucking in air, so that means the exhaust is working well also. The owner came in today and seen it for the first time and was close to orgasmic. I will post some cooking pics in a week or so.
                  For now I am very happy with how it performs.

Comment

Good flow for sure.

Comment

WOW! - heavy duty - Great job gentlemen!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here