Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walkaround Video for My Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Offset Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walkaround Video for My Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Offset Smoker

My 20x42 LSG offset (redesigned model) arrived this weekend. To honor its long awaited arrival I made this walk around video:

Wow! That is seriously impressive. I have only seen Steve B LSG innhismpics and such. I imagine a special connection has formed since it almost killed you. Way to stop an 800lbs crate with one hand.๐Ÿ‘

Load up some ribs and butts and take her for a spin! I saw the coal in your garage. Let's go!

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks HouseHomey! I'm working on the seasoning, hopefully I'll be ready to do my first cook in a day or two.

Well other then a less than a professional looking delivery, once again congrats on the new LSG. Looking forward to your first cook and your overall impressions when you get her fired up !!!

Comment

The vicarious fun continues--keep those videos coming, kenrobin . I really like the logo that your talented young daughter designed for you.

Kathryn

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fzxdoc! She was surprised & proud when she saw her work on the smoker. I also made t-shirts with her logo.

The logo seals it! Best smoker Iโ€™ve ever seen with the nice addition. That is so Awesome!

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks barelfly! My daughter will love all of the compliments for her artwork.

Well done video! Now Iโ€™m starting to see the appeal of the LSG line as expressed by many members here. Also you gave me several good ideas of things I want to customize on my next smoker. Finally, talented daughter you have there!

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Donw! The ability to go so deep with the customizations has definitely set this experience apart from other grill purchases. LSG's website has a lot of examples of things that people have put on their pits.

The smoker is great, but the best part is the logo. 20 years from now youโ€™ll be smoking ribs or brisket or chicken, and you will be feeling the love. I could feel it, and my heart skipped.

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree Mosca. I told my daughter that when I'm gone that she needs to make sure that she keeps that smoker because its a one of a kind with her creation!

Very cool video Ken.
    I see you got a lot of the same options I did.
    When you fire it up obviously take some pics or video and If you have any questions just ask. Either here or PM me.
    Your gonna want to do 3-4-5 dry runs before cooking anything. There is definitely a learning curve here.
    1 trick I learned from DWCowles is I use the fire box door to regulate temps more so than the dampner.
    Good luck brother. ๐Ÿ‘

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Steve. I'm already experiencing some learning pains in the seasoning process. Look for a PM from me soon. Your offer of assistance is greatly appreciated!

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      kenrobin ๐Ÿ‘

It's time to fire that puppy up! You should be celebrating the fact that the 800lbs crate did not fall on you! Thank Goodness man you are ok! And by the way, your daughters logo is fabulous! It added the right touch to dad's new smoker! Congrats!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy, jus wanted to tell ya, Bee-yoo-tee-full Bravo Dash Five Deuce in yer avatar pic!
      Used ta call em,sometimes, beg em to "Make It Rain!!!"
      Thanks fer yer Service, Brother! An Welcome to Th Pit, from Kansas Territory!

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks CasaBBQ! You are absolutely right on all counts! Welcome to the Pit & thanks for your service sir.

• CasaBBQ
      CasaBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones and Robin: Thank you for your your comments. It was an honor to serve my country. Mr. Bones, many of my friends from the Vietnam liked the rice patty pools the BUFF would deliver.

DAMN! That's a serious backyard unit! Good save on the liftgate!!! I can't wait to see some action vids with fire!

Comment

A very enjoyable video. Almost makes me want a stick burner.

Comment

Nice looking rig! Cook on!!!

Comment

Sweet video on UTUB!

Comment

WOW! That is a thing of beauty. And you got one of the new styles! Lots of bells and whistles too. I was a little nervous watching that sucker come off the truck!

Congrats brother! WOW

Comment

• kenrobin
            kenrobin commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Spinaker. I was SO ready for it to arrive, I'm sure that I wasn't thinking clearly when I watched it hit the lift gate in the wrong direction!

Very nice piece of equipment. The sound of the moving parts tells how well it's built too!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here