Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone Star Grillz - A Visit & Site Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Cool!

Comment

Great write up, I've looked long & hard at this smoker and also a Lang, the only thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is the $900 dollar shipping. That's a deal-breaker for me.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I thought about that. I know when I bought my pellet pooper Yoder wanted like $600 to ship here which was why I bought local. You are definitely at the higher end price wise with LSG all things considered.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Interestingly enough I am interested in one of their vertical cookers and asked how much to ship across town to my house (maybe 50 miles or so). He said the freight line they use would charge $150. For that I can rent or borrow a trailer.

• SoCalTim
        SoCalTim commented
        Editing a comment
        I had actually thought of flying into Houston and driving back to Los Angeles, but still the cost of airfare, trailer rental, gas and possibly a one night stay somewhere would probably be $500 or so.

I love my Lyfetime smoker, but LSG gives me a serious case of the "I wants!"

Comment

Wow! Great post. Those things are gorgeous!!

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺

Late to the party on this thread but thanks for the detailed report. It helped me make a decision between a few fabricators I was considering.

I too would love to visit and see their shop first hand. I make the trudge to Houston every year or so. Maybe next time I will reserve some time and make a side trip to Willis.

Meanwhile I am waiting for my "on order" 20 x 42 LSG to be built and shipped.

Comment

I designed my outdoor kitchen so the 24x30 adjustable grill would fit, but apparently Lone Star doesn't make it any more.

Comment

• Black99vette
            Black99vette commented
            Editing a comment
            Guess I'll have to get the 24x48 Maybe I can justify it with the birth of the twins!

Dang it! First kenrobin gives us his great prime rib cook on the LSG and now this pops up! I can’t take it anymore! Those smokers are so dang cool and I want one but I don’t need one but I keep seeing them and reading about them!

Comment

• kenrobin
            kenrobin commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the shoutout @barefly! Might as well start putting a few pennies aside for your future LSG lol

Man... why don't i have a LSG?
          (because you live in Norway you moron.. )
          Excellent writeup Troutman Thanks!
          Last edited by Elton's BBQ; January 11, 2020, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m sure they ship that way!

Great write up and some valuable info coming from a guy who knows metal fab and knows how to cook

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here