Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSG cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that Shirley Fabrication now offers a cabinet smoker. Their cookers are always top notch. Just sayin

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I've seen, they'll customize to customer's desires too.

• efincoop
      efincoop commented
      Editing a comment
      They will. I know there is a lengthy wait for their custom builds. I have not heard anything yet about the vertical cookers. They are moving to a new facility and once that is done they are suggesting a 4-6 week turnaround for their 24x36 patio cooker. I suspect the same may be true for the cabinet model.

Richard Chrz There is a really nice gravity feed with a lower loading height the might work:

K-SMOKE-42-R:Competition-grade performance meets sophisticated design. Kalamazoo's gravity-fed charcoal smoker...Learn more!

Saw it on Project Smoke one day and thought boy that is cool so searched it out to see what it was, it's now on the list...the boy I'd love that but will never have it list

Comment

I don't know anything about building smokers to be clear.

However, thinking about what you are looking for Richard, it sounds to me like you need to have the smoker lifted up to ensure that you can fill the firebox easily but also shorter and wider so you can take full advantage of the cabinet's size versus having the upper reaches be too high with the extra lift. That doesn't sound like a huge ask, as it is not like you are asking the firebox to be moved to the right side of the smoker or something like that.

If I were in LSG's position, this would be something I'd be thrilled to handle, and frankly the cost to upgrade to the offroad wheels might be the same as sticking with the smaller wheels and having LSG make a few more effective changes elsewhere.

Personally, I'd give them a call and see what they can do, and I expect the response will be positive.

Comment

Sounds like great suggestions from STEbbq The fire box is low and the charcoal box is heavy and cumbersome to pull out and slide back in. Plus I had not thought about it before but the top water fill is pretty tall. You can fill the water pan through the door but you don't want to do that during the cook (lots of heat lose) Chris is great to work with and I bet he can come up with some solutions.

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Grilla Grills used to (or maybe they still do) provide a tool that hooked onto the grill grates and let people pull them off easily. I bet something like that or maybe two of them would potentially help with the basket.

Originally posted by Richard Chrz View Post
        So, have spent some time looking at the gravity smokers. I still think the cabinet is better for me. That is if I understand what I am seeing. The gravity feed is likely to high for me to lift a bag of charcoal up, especially a full bag, I would never be able to get 20lbs up that high. The slide out drawer is likely a lot easier to load.
        Gravity smokers don’t hold 20lb of charcoal. Made scoop of old coffee can & takes 2-3 scoops to fill chute.
        Runs at 225 for 8-10hrs on 1 full chute.
        Last edited by learning pellets; August 26, 2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          then it definitely would not work. I like to set up a smoker and leave it. If I have to sit around and feed a smoker for long over night cooks.

When I expand my outdoor kitchen at the new place. I am going to build one of these in. Great capacity, pretty hands off and they just look great.

Anything LSG makes is built like a tank.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here