Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kudos to Porter Road Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos to Porter Road Customer Service

Wanted to relay our recent experience with Porter Road, in light of some of the other related postings.
    We ordered a shipment of items from PR and were told they were shipped. Five (!) days later they showed up via FedEx, and we were really disappointed to find the ice packs all completely thawed and the meat only cool at best on the surface (48-52 F).

I reported the problem to Porter Road customer service. With no hesitation (or prompting by us), they immediately offered to send replacements or give us a full refund. We decided to try the replacements. Very happy to report that they arrived in just 3 days this time, with all of the ice packs still frozen solid and the meat still semi-frozen or quite cold on the surface.

We're really impressed by PR's willingness to stand by their products and keep their customers satisfied. We will happily continue to order from them. Now we can't wait to try that picanha.....

I’ve had nothing but good service and good product from PR.

Comment

Yup. That’s been my experience as well. I have no doubt about ordering from them whatsoever.

Comment

Oh and by the way, great meat every time too!

Comment

They responded super quick to me as well, your temps definitely were much more concerning than mine. I feel bad for them, crappy shipping is going to cost them business and definitely is costing them money.

Comment

I have ordered from Porter Road several times, never any problems. Good to know their customer service is tip top

Comment

It is rather alarming that so many folks are reporting the delayed shipments and thawed/warm meat. Great to hear that all of these well-loved retailers are giving top-notch customer service though.

Comment

Seems like FedEx is having more issues than other carriers in general.

I have never had a bad experience dealing with the Porter Road, Snake River, Creekstone, etc. customer service. Seems like they realize that thawed meat, delays in shipping, and spoiled product is just part of the business and they have always offered to make things right when I have had issues. That said out of dozens of shipments I have only had maybe 3 or 4 that arrived too warm.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here