Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Foodservice Wholesale Stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Foodservice Wholesale Stores

I picked up some peanut oil from a store that I had never heard of called Smart Foodservice. It reminded me of a smaller version of Restaurant Depot and they have a meat section. Pork butts were $1.15/lb & they appeared to have good prices on other cuts of meat including beef, spare ribs, pork belly etc.The meats were ungraded and most of the brands for the other products sold were names that I had never heard of. There is no membership fee & most of the people shopping appeared to be buying in bulk for their restaurants.

I'm curious as to whether others shop there on a regular basis & whether their meat is of a decent quality. I'm thinking of going back & picking up a few racks of spare ribs.

I have gotten some pork butts from there in the past. No complaints about the quality. I was there a couple days ago and saw some decent looking pork bellies too. Good place for stuff like squeeze bottles, rub shakers, etc.

Comment

I have never heard of them. Sounds promising. I used to buy "no roll" or select from smart and final all the time and it was great (for the price) for grinding, roast beef and other non delicate applications.

I guess it would depend on what you are doing and the price.

Comment

They use to be called Cash and Carry (different than URM) but changed a few years ago. We get most of our meat there, they sell choice grade beef (angus and I think herferd). We like their pork better than Costco (butt, St. Louis, loin, belly). If we can't find some bulk stuff at Costco, we usually can get it there.

Comment

• kenrobin
          kenrobin commented
          Editing a comment
          That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing.... they are literally a few blocks away from my local Costco.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here