Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Grüß Gott" from Austria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from NW Oregon, USA.

Comment

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          And from Southern Oregon, USA. 🪁

Welcome from Northwest Montana!

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

Welcome Christoph! Great to have another European join the Pit! I've been to Austria countless of times (literally hundreds), and love it. Such a beautiful country! And I speak German too, had to do 7 years in school. Although I am getting a bit rusty now.

Super cool that you bought a WSM, it's easy to use and will give you plenty of wonderful meals.

I teach BBQ classes, I make and sell rubs and now I also manufacture offset smokers. Google "Hank's True BBQ" and you'll find my website and YouTube channel.

I hope you keep at it and start up a top notch bbq restaurant in Austria, it would be a huge hit! Where in Austria do you live by the way?

Anyhow, look forward to seeing your cooks!

Comment

• Econ
              Econ commented
              Editing a comment
              If I am not mistaken, in the north of Europe (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland) it is quite normal to learn German at school.

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              No, that's my limit Huskee :-) If programming languages don't count, otherwise I can add a dozen more, Lol!

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Econ you're correct. It is (or used to be) common, I think French is gaining in popularity though. As far as online courses, go for it.

Welcome from Colorado, Christoph ...

Comment

Willkommen aus Südost-Texas! Bier und Grillen gibt es nichts Besseres.

I had two years of German in high school - that was 35 years ago, sorry if I got that wrong
              Last edited by 58limited; November 10, 2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Econ
                Econ commented
                Editing a comment
                Fits perfectly.

It´s very interesting to know that on the other side of the big lake the language German is also taught.

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Thanks for giving us a try and for introducing yourself, we're happy to have you here. We hope you’ll decide to stick around!

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then My Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as one of our 3 monthly "Great Giveaway" Sweepstakes winners, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!
              Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio!

Comment

Welcome Christoph, glad to have you here. Like Henrik, I’ve been to Austria many times. I lived in Germany for 3 years and skied in St. Johann and Kitzbuhel every winter. In the summer, I would spend time in Hintertux to get my snow and skiing fix :-)

I love German and Austrian food so much that, years later, I learned to cook Schnitzel, Spaetzle, Rouladen, and quite a number of other dishes from Schwaben, Bayern, Osterreich.

Maybe we can swap tips on US BBQ and German/Austrian food :-)

Comment

• treesmacker
                    treesmacker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, I'd like to learn some more German dishes. My family loves Kase Knepfla (Cheese Buttons) and Kuchen... https://www.farmersalmanac.com/what-...s-kuchen-22786.
                    I looked up Rouladen which I've never had; it sounds great and I'll have to try it! And I had a high school friend who's mother made great Fleischkuekle; I've always wanted to give it a go, but never get around to it.

• 58limited
                    58limited commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ecowper I need to get with you on some of these recipes and techniques.

• Econ
                    Econ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I´m looking forward to showing you some Austrian-Classics. Mostly I interpret my own style into them

As far as cake (Kuchen) are converned I am rivet, but I have my wonderful wife who can conjure really great Kuchen. I think she won´t mind if I "steal" a cake from her and then put it online in the forum.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Hello from Chico, CA!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina

Comment

Herzlich willkommen! I've spent a lot of time on Deutsch, but I'm still a novice. Haven't been to Austria yet, but it's not far into the future - after we get this pandemic behind us.

Comment

• Econ
                          Econ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, the pandemic unfortunately turns everything completely upside down.

On my to-do list for a good restaurant, the trip throug the USA (BBQ) is also on the agenda. It´s also a duty point for me.
                          More experience I gain, the better and more unique everything becomes.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here