Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meater + thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meater + thermometer

I'm a newby to the group. I use a Big Green Egg for my BBQ, and have significantly improved my (pretty good already) skills with Meathead's awesome book. Anyway, I recently picked up a pretty cool thermometer. It's called a "Meater +" available on Amazon. It's simply a wireless single thermostat that you push into the meat, which measures the meat's internal temp and also the grill's ambient temp with the same probe. The real-time temps are then transmitted to your I-phone to actively monitor the meat's temp. I've done simple chicken breasts (which I didn't dry out at all) up to beef (brontasaurus) ribs (which we had to pull a bit before 203 degrees due to the time ticking by and everyone squeaking about being hungry and how it was already so late - but that stress is half the fun anyway). Also did a tomahawk beef steak that was amazing (following Meathead's reverse-sear process). Just outstanding results. Anyway, I've had a really great experience with this thermometer so far. It seems like if you go heavy on the smoke, you also need to scrape the end of the probe clean to make sure you don't lose the signal.

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome aboard and welcome to the group of folks that love what Meathead has done for BBQ! Glad to hear you like the Meater. Looking forward to pics and stories of your cooking!

Comment

Welcome from Southeast Illinois

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Virginia Beach.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Derek.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! That Meater is a cool idea. Now if only they can make it smaller.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here