Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Amazing Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Amazing Ribs

My name is Chris and I’m New to the site from Southern California. I have a Treager and a natural gas bbq that I use quite often. Always looking for different ways to smoke or bbq meats and veggies. Got 2 racks of beef ribs to smoke today any tips or ideas would b great. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. You already know this but I’ll chime in with to be sure to dry brine first and don’t be afraid of cooking them at higher temperatures. I like smoking them at 275.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9033D16E-512E-4F82-BD0F-C1CB8A15FEA9.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	846357 Welcome from WI.
          I do beef ribs a lot. Ditto on dry brining. Very key. I cook at about 250. Patience! You’re looking at a fairly long cook. Mine go 8-10 hes depending on how thick they are. I choose to not wrap but I baste with Stubb’s Moppin’ Sauce every hour as an alternative. Works every time.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Chris ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from South Carolina!

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Chris. Most here cook beef ribs somewhere between 225° and 275°, some even go higher, so don't sweat the temp as long as it is in that range. The higher the temp, the faster the cook will be, and you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between ribs cooked at 225° and 275°.

I cook 'em around 275° after an overnight brine - 48 hours if I have the time, (and remember to do it). I add pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder when I put them on the grill. I let them go until they are probe tender and hold them in an insulated cooler until time to eat. I prefer an hour or two minimum, but 3 or 4 hours is perfectly fine.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you. Whereabouts are you and those beef ribs?

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                              Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here