Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Amazing Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RustyHaines
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Wibs, wibs & more wibs, another fine intro. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Leave a comment:

• BBQPhil
    replied
    Just smoked 5 racks of beef ribs today on a Yoder. Dry rubbed with a good beef rub that includes salt and pepper and smoked at 225 for about 5-6 hrs, spraying hourly with apple juice. Then coated lightly with bbq sauce (TJ organic), wrapped in aluminum for 45 minutes and then cooked on the grill for another 30 minutes. I've tried wrapped, unwrapped and many variations, and this works best for my taste. Well seasoned with a little sweetness and very tender.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Huntington Beach welcomes you. Whereabouts are you and those beef ribs?

Leave a comment:

• Rob Johnston
    replied
    Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Greetings from South Africa

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Welcome from south Texas!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit Chris. Most here cook beef ribs somewhere between 225° and 275°, some even go higher, so don't sweat the temp as long as it is in that range. The higher the temp, the faster the cook will be, and you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between ribs cooked at 225° and 275°.

I cook 'em around 275° after an overnight brine - 48 hours if I have the time, (and remember to do it). I add pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder when I put them on the grill. I let them go until they are probe tender and hold them in an insulated cooler until time to eat. I prefer an hour or two minimum, but 3 or 4 hours is perfectly fine.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Welcome from TN

Leave a comment:

• Blues1
    replied
    Welcome from South Carolina!

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit from Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Welcome from Colorado, Chris ...

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9033D16E-512E-4F82-BD0F-C1CB8A15FEA9.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	846357 Welcome from WI.
    I do beef ribs a lot. Ditto on dry brining. Very key. I cook at about 250. Patience! You’re looking at a fairly long cook. Mine go 8-10 hes depending on how thick they are. I choose to not wrap but I baste with Stubb’s Moppin’ Sauce every hour as an alternative. Works every time.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Welcome from the California Delta.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here