Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from a Texan in Mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from a Texan in Mississippi

Howdy, JD here, in Brandon MS. I'd consider myself an advanced amateur. I make food that family and friends seem to really enjoy, but I won't be winning any competitions any time soon. Up until last week, I've been on a Char-Griller offset smoker/grill combo. After only 18 months in MS humidity, it rusted out on me. I now have a Weber Summit Charcoal grill arriving on Monday.

Now... if I can just find some meat to smoke in pandemic-era butchers...

Welcome from central Texas.

Comment

Welcome from Houston! I don’t know what the meat situation is around you, but I am starting to see a LITTLE bit better supply back in the grocery stores. They are limiting people on quantity, which is helping a lot! I use my limit on big clods of meat, I.e. Pork butts, briskets, and chuckies. That way I can cook up a big clod and stretch it. Hopefully you can find something nearby to break in that new WSCG!!!!! Oh, and we do have a saying around here, pics or it didn’t happen! . Welcome again and we look forward to seeing your initial cook!!!

Comment

• jdk5hh
        jdk5hh commented
        Editing a comment
        Howdy HOU. I was born in Conroe, just north of you. Once I get the new grill, I'll post pics of the first cook!

Welcome from Colorado, JD ...

Comment

Welcome from SC!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

• jdk5hh
            jdk5hh commented
            Editing a comment
            Big D. My wife and I lived in Downtown Dallas in an old 1920s building, in amongst the skyscrapers from 2000 - 2017. Just moved to Mississippi a couple years ago.

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            jdk5hh I moved to Dallas in 2016 so we kinda crossed paths. Also, I lived just outside of New Orleans prior to moving to Dallas and have some familiarity with where you now live.

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

• jdk5hh
            jdk5hh commented
            Editing a comment
            Where's the California Delta? One of my boys lives in LA. Haven't heard of the delta there.

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            jdk5hh On the Sacramento and San Joaquin rivers. About 50 east of San Francisco.

The food fer fam & buds is usually better than comp food. Keep it up! Yer gonna love that Weber. Welcome, eat good & have fun!
          Last edited by FireMan; April 10, 2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

• jdk5hh
                jdk5hh commented
                Editing a comment
                Wilson, that's down near San Antonio right?

• Texas Larry
                Texas Larry commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, we’re about 30 miles southeast, toward Victoria.

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Western Colorado

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from WI. I haven't been here a week and I can tell you - you'll find lots of friendly folks here.

Comment

• jdk5hh
                        jdk5hh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've noticed!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust-free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado. Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360 and get a special AmazingRibs.com price!

The Efficiency Of A Kamado Plus The Flexibility Of The Slow ‘N Sear Insert

kamado grill
                    Built around SnS Grill’s patented Slow ‘N Sear charcoal kettle accessory, this 22-inch kamado is a premium ceramic grill that brings true 2-zone cooking to a kamado. Click here for our article on this exciting cooker.

A Propane Smoker That Performs Under Pressure

The Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’. Click here to read our detailed review.

Amp Up Your Outdoor Cooking Game By Joining The Pitmaster Club

AmazingRibs.com Pitmaster Club
                    Now the largest membership-based BBQ and grilling community in the world, the Pitmaster Club is sure to step up your outdoor cooking game. Experience the countless benefits — from monthly giveaways, to free products, to exclusive content, and more– by signing up for a 30-day free trial below! Get a free 30-day trial here.