Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from a Texan in Mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from a Texan in Mississippi

Howdy, JD here, in Brandon MS. I'd consider myself an advanced amateur. I make food that family and friends seem to really enjoy, but I won't be winning any competitions any time soon. Up until last week, I've been on a Char-Griller offset smoker/grill combo. After only 18 months in MS humidity, it rusted out on me. I now have a Weber Summit Charcoal grill arriving on Monday.

Now... if I can just find some meat to smoke in pandemic-era butchers...

Welcome from central Texas.

Comment

Welcome from Houston! I don’t know what the meat situation is around you, but I am starting to see a LITTLE bit better supply back in the grocery stores. They are limiting people on quantity, which is helping a lot! I use my limit on big clods of meat, I.e. Pork butts, briskets, and chuckies. That way I can cook up a big clod and stretch it. Hopefully you can find something nearby to break in that new WSCG!!!!! Oh, and we do have a saying around here, pics or it didn’t happen! . Welcome again and we look forward to seeing your initial cook!!!

Comment

• jdk5hh
        jdk5hh commented
        Editing a comment
        Howdy HOU. I was born in Conroe, just north of you. Once I get the new grill, I'll post pics of the first cook!

Welcome from Colorado, JD ...

Comment

Welcome from SC!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

• jdk5hh
            jdk5hh commented
            Editing a comment
            Big D. My wife and I lived in Downtown Dallas in an old 1920s building, in amongst the skyscrapers from 2000 - 2017. Just moved to Mississippi a couple years ago.

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            jdk5hh I moved to Dallas in 2016 so we kinda crossed paths. Also, I lived just outside of New Orleans prior to moving to Dallas and have some familiarity with where you now live.

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

• jdk5hh
            jdk5hh commented
            Editing a comment
            Where's the California Delta? One of my boys lives in LA. Haven't heard of the delta there.

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            jdk5hh On the Sacramento and San Joaquin rivers. About 50 east of San Francisco.

The food fer fam & buds is usually better than comp food. Keep it up! Yer gonna love that Weber. Welcome, eat good & have fun!
          Last edited by FireMan; April 10, 2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

• jdk5hh
                jdk5hh commented
                Editing a comment
                Wilson, that's down near San Antonio right?

• Texas Larry
                Texas Larry commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, we’re about 30 miles southeast, toward Victoria.

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Western Colorado

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from WI. I haven't been here a week and I can tell you - you'll find lots of friendly folks here.

Comment

• jdk5hh
                        jdk5hh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've noticed!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here