Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from York, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Cman

Comment

Originally posted by The Burn View Post
      After the winter's done with us, we'll have to put together a PA meat & greet.

Man, is it cold here or what! Haven't gone near the smoker in almost a month now. Thank goodness I vacuumed a lot of food I smoked back when it was warm so I'm still good on pulled pork and such. Spring can't get here fast enough..

Comment

• The Burn
        The Burn commented
        Editing a comment
        I was doing pretty good until we hit single digits and below. The snow plow guy blocked my Webers in this weekend. But I am jonesing for a cook and I've had a bacon curing for a couple of weeks.

Welcome Cman and thanks for your support.

Comment

Welcome from Mountain Top, up in NE PA! I haven't done anything since before Christmas, but the slow cooker and the chili pot have been getting quite the workout, I'm doing slow cooker pulled pork tomorrow.

Comment

I just bought a Pork Belly yesterday from Wayne Nell Meats out in East Berlin. Thinking I'm gonna let that thing cure for a few weeks until the temps moderate. I already have a brisket point on standby that's been rubbed, vacuum sealed and frozen. First weekend day I see 40F or higher I'm gonna fire up the smoker! Until then, I'll just watch it from inside my nice cozy kitchen.

Comment

Cman, have you tried that barbecue place in the center of East Berlin? Not too bad, and nice people.

Comment

Welcome C-Man. Formerly lived in PA. Up and over the mountain from you in Carlisle County, PA. Now in Carlisle County, KY. I know....ironic. You will love it on this site. Very friendly and helpful people and a ton of info! Congrats on the Stumps XL Baby! Here's to Spring weather soon!

Comment

Originally posted by chudzikb View Post
                Cman, have you tried that barbecue place in the center of East Berlin? Not too bad, and nice people.

Not yet. I have passed by it a few times on my way to Gettysburg though. Thanks for the headsup! I'll give them a try my next time thru. Perhaps the Pulled Pork would be a good test.

Comment

• chudzikb
                  chudzikb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't order pork out anymore. They can not make it as well as I can. Beef is where it is at when out. Or more exotic stuff. That is exactly how I found the place, back way to Gettysburg.

Originally posted by Gunderich_1 View Post
                Welcome C-Man. Formerly lived in PA. Up and over the mountain from you in Carlisle County, PA. Now in Carlisle County, KY. I know....ironic. You will love it on this site. Very friendly and helpful people and a ton of info! Congrats on the Stumps XL Baby! Here's to Spring weather soon!
                Thanks Gundy! I actually smoked some chicken quarters yesterday. Came out pretty good and I didn't freeze my butt off doing it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here