Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, Scotland here o/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from western Nebraska. Will be traveling, your countryside in May. Looking forward to seeing the MacLellan castle.

Comment

• user32034
        user32034 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's one I didn't know and I was even in Kirkcudbright two years ago so within a hundred yards or so! Back in the 90s an ex-girlfriend lived beside Threave Castle about 8 miles from there, it's a great part of the world. Hope you have an excellent time o/

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not what you would really think of as a fortress type castle. More like a townhouse with multiple rooms.

We host the annual Scottish Games (http://www.thescottishgames.com/)...does that earn me anything?

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay Area!

Comment

• user32034
        user32034 commented
        Editing a comment
        It certainly earns you a dram or ten if you make it over here I think friends of mine have been to your games.

Huntington Beach welcomes you.

New guys buys the whiskey!!

Comment

• user32034
        user32034 commented
        Editing a comment
        The amount of time I spent working out I couldn't post a pic in the comments box tells you how attached to good whisky I am

Welcome to the Pit user32034
      Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Welcome from the Lowcountry of South Carolina! Love your part of the world (and some of your famous exports).

My in-laws are a little south of you, and we spend a good bit of time fly fishing around your parts during most summers.

Comment

• user32034
            user32034 commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice, you've seen a lot of the country in that list! Don't fish myself but I live by the South Esk and work by the Dee. The folks who own the company I work for own a stretch of the Dee, it's pretty popular.

• BourBonQ
            BourBonQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I have fished the Esk near Canonbie. The Dee is on our list and was also recommended earlier by another AR Scotsman, MeatMonster . May just have to book it. Any local distilleries that need to be "inspected"? Thanks for the reply!

• user32034
            user32034 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well if you're on the Dee it'd just be unsociable not to jump an hour or so up to Speyside!

Mine's the South Esk which finishes at Montrose Basin on the East coast. Canonbie area looks pretty good, I have friends in Langholm just nearby.

If it's useful, the fishing where I work is at http://www.leysestate.com/LEYS/activities/, it's beautiful around here and by all accounts not a bad beat either.
            Last edited by user32034; April 24, 2018, 02:44 PM.

Ok following orders Here's a bit about getting the bbq bug

Some of the best tasting meat I've ever had has been in a US backyard or fair. I was lucky enough to head over to the states for work a few times and I think I could spend the rest of my days exploring what you mad geniuses do to dead animals.

I have a (very) old Weber kettle which has seen better days, but for the last couple of years I've held off replacing until I worked out a bit more where I was going with this. Very few people over here do more than burgers & sausage on an open grill, but I love the taste of low & slow, love the feeling of eating outside. I make a decent steak, and have good results using techniques I learned here for longer cooks indoors... Can't wait to expand it all outdoors! I'm a stranger to ribs, though, but plan to change that.

Here was my first attempt using Meathead's Last Meal recipe (think there were one or two improvisations for what we can get over here), tasted pretty good for a first attempt but I learned a few things to try next time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	488910

And the day ended well with Mr Weber keeping us warm into the small hours!

Name:	file-1.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	488911

Right now I'm debating getting a Kamado of some kind. I'm absolutely no expert but I'm thinking it might be a good solution for year-round cooking here. We have a ton of damp, cold and wind and that's just the summer Advice is always appreciated!

Thanks for the welcome guys

Comment

Oh, and HouseHomey , just for you as requested, the prize I got after a long walk through the woods. You're all welcome to a dram:

Click image for larger version  Name:	edradour1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	488914

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll start walking. 😀

Name:	30714649_10212739453264535_3926190808281120768_o.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	488923 Hey Pitmasters, New Member here...Larry"The Wizard" Siegfried Here's a shot of my latest creation, The Wizard's Pit 3400 MK I It's a Weber performer 22.5" kettle that I have added a butcher-block top along with a solid Oak Foldaway front shelf and an Auto Temp controller using a BBQ Guru Pit Viper Fan, and weber kettle adapter.. I used a Weber iGrill ambient temperature sensor and a couple of cable glans to run the temp probes in and out of the kettle... Since this picture.. I have added wood lid handles that were made by Mark Britt.. So far it holds 250°F for over 5 hours without tending the fire.. I also have a Slow N Sear Plus installed .. My next Mod will be a Propane burner just for that quick cook of a Burger or a Shrimp Kebab ..that will be controlled by the original Charcoal igniter regular.. ..
            PPS.. I also have the Weber Pizza Kettle attachment that has a Rotisserie mod to it as well... What else could an old Car Stereo Installer do.. but Modify...

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome!

What a riot! If ya don’t know where to post, do it HERE! Welcome aboard TheWizardsPit, eat good & have fun. Especially since ya just barged in on our newest Scot. 😂

Comment

• TheWizardsPit
              TheWizardsPit commented
              Editing a comment
              ooops... I was not sure where to post... So please point me in the right direction Thanks...Larry

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Go to Forums, then Introduce Yourself. Again, welcome @The WizardsPit!
              Or, over there.

Welcome from the other side of the pond!

Comment

Originally posted by Fridarey View Post
              Hey there,

Born in Aberdeen, live in Angus - surely it was only a matter of time before I joined! I've been freeloading on here for a few years so thought it was high time I paid up, as this place has been a mouth-watering feast of useful info.

Two weeks ago I worked out a recipe using this site and made the best roast beef I've ever served, that alone was worth paying you for

Thanks guys, keep it up.
              I'm new here too, welcome to the club. Been using this site for several years now, simply the best around (Joe Esposito approved). BTW, I'll be in your Country in June! Hoping to play St. Andrews! Any rec's you could advise a guy for some eat'n?

Comment

Nice - you'll have a great time. St Andrew's is a fantastic little town, good all year round. It'll be heaving with ppl in June but worth it cos there's a half decent chance it won't be snowing

I've eaten here a few times, it's been good: https://thegrangeinn.com/ but out of town if you don't have wheels. In town there's plenty, and a newish burger place dividing opinion in the way Five Guys does.

There's also a great Crepe Shack on the nature reserve beach at Tentsmuir to the north but that's like the complete opposite of AmazingRibs!

Welcome to the club yourself o/

Comment

• MeatMonster
                  MeatMonster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll be at St Andrews this Sunday , my son is playing in the U15 Caledonian Rugby Plate final at Madras. I really love the place.

Welcome aboard and glad to have ye!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here