Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lock Stock and Barrel just joining after a few years of BBQing and Smokin, about 52 to be exact.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock Stock and Barrel just joining after a few years of BBQing and Smokin, about 52 to be exact.

After using commercial smokers for so long I decided to do my first build at 60 years old. As a licensed locksmith I travel all over Texas to customers opening safes, programming car keys, changing locks and yes letting people into their houses, cars, offices and RV's.
    Picked up an unusual size propane tank for free at a customer's house down in Refugio, Texas. "No, you can not pronounce it!" And decided to do a small reverse flow build. 72 gallons is the size and around 67 inches long and 18 inch diameter. Anyway, learning to weld on the fly and making the pieces stick even if it ain't pretty. Came across this group at Amazing ribs.com and realized there are some serious pitmasters out there like myself so I joined. Love the information and science behind the smok'in and look forward to picking your brains for more tidbits as I fabricate this small R.F. smoker.

Welcome from Winnipeg. Sounds like you have a great set up. Looking forward to your stories. Pictures always welcome too.

Comment

Welcome Lock Stock and Barrel

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! I also learned to weld to build a smoker, now can not quit welding or smoking food.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahaha, Pitmaster problems 101, my friend. You got it bad!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Funny!

Welcome to the Pit! Thanks for joining up! It is great to have you. We would love to see your progress on the new smoker. Henrik, one of our moderators, has built his own pit, and I believe there is another on the way. Check out his post here, lots of detail on his pit. We have a few others in here as well that have made custom pits. There is even more smoker builds to be found here in this sub-forum.

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
        • To check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]
        • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from Katy....yes I can pronounce re-fu-jee-o

Comment

• Lock Stock and Barrel
            Lock Stock and Barrel commented
            Editing a comment
            Good attempt Troutman, It's pronounced Refurio!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you and that beef rocket you are working on.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
                Glad to have ya here with us, lookin forward to more.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Lock Stock and Barrel, love that user name! Can't wait to hear more about your smoker build. Thanks for joining!

Comment

I hate to differ with fellow Pit Member, but pics are’nt welcome they are mandatory according to section 8, par 4 of Pit rule book. We need pics of first cook & most important of assembly of yer build. Welcome aboard, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Looking forward to seeing pics of your build and your Cook’s.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome I’m from the other end of the spectrum. I’m 56 years old and never grilled or barbecued much I started in January by by in a pellet Grill And have been running ever since this is a great site

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here