Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Greetings from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from another Minnesotan. Hope you learn what you want from this wonderful site. Post often.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
            Welcome to The Pit. You already have a very nice smoker, so I suggest learning how to use it before buying a different style of smoker. You can cook everything from meat, chicken, and seafood to breads and pizza now - what do you think an offset will do that your bge won't do. Of course, if you want to cook for a bunch of people, the bge might limit you.
            Hi RonB, I currently cook with the BGE a lot, (well I did, I'm currently away on business for a year). I'd like to cook larger amounts, and I don't care for the drawback of removing the indirect plate to add wood or charcoal. I'd like to get a Lang '48 or 60.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Around here we call this MCS - more cooker syndrome. And it's contagious - spread through reading posts in the Pit. Most here have it too.

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
            Welcome to The Pit from rainy Pensacola Florida!
            Hey fuzzydaddy, I lived in Pensacola for 2 years, I sincerely loved it!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! I've been here for almost 2 years, after living in the Nashville, TN area for 58 years.

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
            Welcome! What type of offset are you looking at?
            Hi Spinaker, I was thinking a Lang 48' or 60. Not sure where I'd put the trailer in my current setup, I have a whole lot of logistical questions about purchase and storage. I *based on my research* tend to like the reverse flow concept.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Very cool. They are great pits. DWCowles owns one, he could probably clear up some of your questions.

Welcome! Make sure your second book is Aaron Franklin's Meat Manifesto! Get a good a good thermometer! Drink beer if at all possible while cooking! While cooking never stand up if you can sit down, and never sit down if you can lie down! Do beef short ribs, there is something about producing great shorties that makes you feel like a real pit master even if you've newbie - May your smoke always be blue!

Comment

Hey Deuce757 what is it you'll like to know about the Lang 48"? I have had my Lang 48" going on 4 years now and love it and the meat that comes off of it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here