Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokingirl's first cook post!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokingirl's first cook post!!

Smokingirl's first cook post!!!

Traeger Tutor day was a success! First of all – thank you to all of you for the kind welcome! As HouseHomey and lostclusters say, "if you don’t post pics, the cook didn’t happen!"

First of all – let’s talk MENU – remember that I wanted to pick a variety of tasty smile-making, smoke-kissed, hunks of goodness worthy of my self-proclaimed title of "Traeger Tutor." Here it is:
    • Hula dancing chicken wings – quick cook and we all love a good, sticky chicken wing!
    • Weathervane scallop skewers…..just a quick paint of herbs and olive oil (herbes de poisson - gotta love those French herbs) Note: Weathervane scallops are evidently very special and I thank our special Pit Sous b____ Dyann for her contribution from the great Ballard-based Alaska fisherman!
    • Pork tenderloin with Dyann’s custom "Smack That II" rub – nice bite – cooked to 140 with a rest to 145. Perfect!
    • 2 whole chickens so Dyann could see how easy they are to cook. Side note…managed to pull the cord out of the end of the K-connector probe for my ThermaQ… operator error and long story… Thermapen DOT to the rescue!!!
      • one with the Smack That II rub (so Traeger neophyte Dyanne would see how the same rub yield a different flavor profile depending upon the meat). Tossed a juicy lemon in the cavity along with more of that tasty rub
      • the other with a tarragon compound butter (good butter, tarragon, garlic powder, salt) splooged under the skin (seems so wrong to do that…)
      • Pulled at 165 – love that MK4…
      • Those chickens were perfect!! Moist, tender, and screamin with flavor!
    • Flatiron steak with a humble and simple rub of freshly ground pepper, sea (nod to the Ballard fishermen) salt, garlic powder, and olive oil. Pulled at 143. Made up some super good chimichurri sauce (the neon green mystery on the slices)…Perfect!!!

Thanks again for the terrific welcome and enjoy pics!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-16 15.40.25.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	381458Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-16 17.04.13-1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	381459Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-16 17.32.45.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	381460Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-16 18.35.12.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	381461Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-16 18.37.39.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	381462

That is some outstanding looking food right there! I live up in King County (Maple Valley, if you know where that is) .... but the Ballard fishermen makes me smile. My wife's grandfather was a Ballard fisherman. Typical Norwegian, just looking for some boats and fish to catch ;-)

Comment

• smokingirl
      smokingirl commented
      Editing a comment
      I, too, remember the Ballard fishermen! I grew up on QA and would wander the piers in awe of the boats. Nod to you and your wife's Nordic heritage!
      Cheers to the Maple Valley crew!

Looks like a Fantastic Time, with Great Food!!!!
    Bravo Zulu, Ladies!!!!

Comment

Whoohooo!! She shoots, she scores!!

Comment

What's the address again? I'm catching a plane! Nicely done!

Comment

You are smoking girl. Food looks great. And you have accomplices, too.

Comment

Now that's a mouth watering menu, and the food looks great! Good job gang!

Comment

Looks like fun was had! Lovely aprons by the way.

Comment

A great job on your first cook post here, and on the meal too.

Comment

• smokingirl
                  smokingirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks RonB! I am new to this and thought I would give it a good shot. Had a great time and everything turned out great!

That is awesome looking food...

Also, love how you are sharing the knowledge and love of cooking outdoors...

Comment

• smokingirl
                  smokingirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks clb239! It sure was fun to share and enjoy the day! We were cooking all afternoon and it was a blast!!! My friend was a great student!

Looks like a lot of fun, Love the aprons.

Comment

"Girls just wanna have fun"! Looks like you did there, Ladies!

Comment

Where exactly do you live and when am I invited over for the next cook. Absolutely delicious.
                    Looks like you gals "hopefully that's more appropriate" haha, had a great time.
                    If I were a centipede I'd give you 1 thousand thumbs up b

Comment

• smokingirl
                      smokingirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am thinking the next cook just might be this weekend... My friend lives in Seattle, so I threw in the myriad of crazy-awesome thermometers (had to check my bag. Dang) and flew over to Seattle from Pasco (hence the SE WA).
                      If were a millipede, I'd give you 5000 high-fives!!!!!

Awesome; women, fire, food!

Comment

Wonderful food! Good times. Sweet aprons!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here