Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good evening from Kissimmee FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
    Damn duuude!!! That sucks! Sorry to hear about the KJ. Please let us know if you have any issues with the Customer service. We can try to reach out to them on your behalf, if need be.
    Anyway, welcome to The Pit, we are happy to have you. I hope you get everything resolved quickly so you can get to smoking. Glad you made it to FL safe, unlike Humpty-Dumpty.

I am not sure if you have seen this yet but, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker
    Quick update, I spoke to a woman who answered the line this morning. After I explained my situation and that I had tried to contact them repeatedly on Friday through various methods (email, phone, online website) all she could do was recommend that I return the grill to Costco and then special order a replacement. I tried to explain that the grill weighs 411lbs and that it's currently on the ground and not in my truck. I asked if they could ship me a replacement, to which she implied that they couldn't know if this happened as a result of my travel to which I asked her if she's trying to imply that I broke the grill??? She said that it could be, and that the only recourse was to return it. I thanked her for the chore and now I have to hire a mover to help me load it back in my pick up truck. I did say that considering they should be trying to retain good customers that maybe a replacement would be in order, but no luck. So now I've got to find some moving help to get this baby loaded back in my truck. Looks like I'll be going with Big Green Egg, this is piss poor customer service IMHO.

Comment

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      You are returning this to a local COSTCO correct? And since you didn't list a company, I'm presuming you moved yourself.

Yes I am going to return it to a local Costco, one in Orlando FL. I called and spoke to a rep at Costco and he verified that they would take it back. I did move myself, however either the original story may have been confusing or lost back on a previous page. I bought the Big Joe at the Wilmington DE Costco at the Kamado Joe "roadshow" (no sales tax in DE saved me some bucks and I was nearby). We (the KJ rep, myself and two other Costco employees) loaded the grill into the back of my F-150 truck (I have a padded bed rug and a Leer cap) and there is sat until we pulled up here in Kissimmee FL. My moving helpers (from the Uhaul site) helped unload the grill onto my driveway and that's when I found the damage. Yes it did sit in the bed of my p/u and yes we did drive about 1200 miles with it in the back, but at no times did we ever do sweet jumps or other airborne truck antics (ala Dukes of Hazzard) and I can all but guarantee that the damage was caused by a pretty significant fall onto it's front side. The handle, which is quite heavy duty and robust, was smashed in and folded over indicating a pretty severe fall and subsequent damage. That would only have happened with a fall, no bouncing around in the back of our p/u truck could have done that. I can only guess where the damage was sustained, be it the Costco warehouse or in transit before it got to Costco, but I do know that someone decided it best to just put the grill back upright and put it out on the sales floor.

What amazes me is that KJ not only told me to just return the grill to Costco, but they followed it up with an email saying the same thing. I still don't know who is going to help me load it into my truck, I'm trying to hire the moving help that we used last week but I haven't had any luck getting through to them. Either way it's probably going to cost me $100 or more to get this thing loaded into my truck to return. The Kamado Joe rep said it would be best for me to return it to Costco, what that means to me is that it's best for them but quite clearly it's not the best scenario for me.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Bummer, as we used to say. Hope it works out for you.

Welcome from PR.
    May the egg rest in Peace, and your wait time for a new Egg be a speedy one.

Comment

Welcome from sw Florida!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here