Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good evening from Kissimmee FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening from Kissimmee FL

New to the group, we just moved to Kissimmee from New Jersey. I couldn't wait to get into some fine smoking and cooking, so I bought a Kamado Joe Big Joe right before we left the Philly area and just left it in the back of our pick up truck until we finally landed here. It was lifted into our truck with 4 guys at the Wilmington DE Costco and today I had my unloading crew help me bring it out to be assembled. Unfortunately it appears somewhere before I got it it must have sustained a big fall, the top was smashed to pieces and the big handle up front was severely bent. Bummer, I was really looking forward to having this grill going this weekend. Call KJ but was only able to leave a message. I emailed then filled out their on line warrantee claim which did get me a reply (automated). I'm hoping for some good customer support!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1544.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	327465Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1546.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	327463
    Attached Files

Welcome from Indiana.

Sorry about your cooker.

Comment

Damn duuude!!! That sucks! Sorry to hear about the KJ. Please let us know if you have any issues with the Customer service. We can try to reach out to them on your behalf, if need be.
      Anyway, welcome to The Pit, we are happy to have you. I hope you get everything resolved quickly so you can get to smoking. Glad you made it to FL safe, unlike Humpty-Dumpty.

I am not sure if you have seen this yet but, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker

Comment

Man, sorry about your cooker! Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

There are many stories on AR about how great the customer service is at Kamado Joe. I dont see any thing different in your future. Its disappointing that that happened but it will be rectified.

Comment

Bummer Dude! But Welcome to the Pit. And here's to better times ahead....Cheers!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I hope they take care of you.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I hope you are cooking real soon.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                  So very sorry for yer recent loss! Hopefully, it will all end up fine!
                  Lookin' forward to hearin' more!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! Keep us updated with your KJ support experience ...

Comment

You appear to have taken that better than me. I would have been committed due to the resulting tantrum

Welcome to The Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome Kennymac

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm sure this will get resolved. Finding this broken did put a damper on the afternoon thou... The real shame is that it's now the weekend so I will assume I will be awaiting until Monday to even hear anything from KJ. I guess it would have been nice to at least have someone reach out to us, let us know they got the message and we would hear more next week. Patience has its virtues I guess...

Thanks again for the welcome, I will update as we hear more.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
                            Damn duuude!!! That sucks! Sorry to hear about the KJ. Please let us know if you have any issues with the Customer service. We can try to reach out to them on your behalf, if need be.
                            Anyway, welcome to The Pit, we are happy to have you. I hope you get everything resolved quickly so you can get to smoking. Glad you made it to FL safe, unlike Humpty-Dumpty.

I am not sure if you have seen this yet but, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker
                            Done, my email address appears to be correct. Thanks for the info!

Comment

This looks like a very good reason for me to stay in New Jersey. I just couldn't handle my toys being broke along the way

Comment

• Spinaker
                                Spinaker commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Great avatar. DWCowles needs to see this. (Fellow Lang man)

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here