Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Castle Rock, Colorado!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Castle Rock, Colorado!

Hello everyone! My name is Joe and I currently live at about 7,000 ft. in unincorporated Castle Rock, Colorado with my wife and two kiddos (a daughter-10 mos old; and a son- 3 years old). I'm originally from Texas, so I grew up with BBQ. I have been wanting to take a stab at my own Que for many years and finally bought myself a RecTec RT-680. While waiting about 3 weeks for delivery, I poured over every article I could find on this site and have discovered a newfound joy in learning about thermodynamics and the science of food. I love the smell and care that goes into a real fire, and I grew up around many offset barrel smokers. However, due to the constant attention that two young children demand, I went with the convenience and simplicity of a pellet grill.

I have always enjoyed cooking, with a particular interest in grilling. I grill several times a week, rain, sleet, snow, or shine. I have now found a new passion in attempting to smoke meat. I've always been a bit of a computer geek, which basically means I enjoy tinkering and troubleshooting: tinkering in an attempt to improve performance, thereby causing new problems, then isolating variables to isolate the cause of the problem, and (hopefully) creating a better end-result. I find that smoking meat involves a similar process and fits my tinkering nature perfectly. Unlike computers, meat is tasty too!

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome from upstate New York, jkinlaw

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Joe!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Joe.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas by way of Louisiana!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Joe ... from a few miles north of you in Parker ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Welcome jkinlaw

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jkinlaw! We’re glad you’re here and thanks for introducing yourself!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to th' Pit jkinlaw !!! Glad yer here with us, lookin' forward t' what ya' bring tp th' table!!!

Comment

You'll fit right in, Joe!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the pit jkinlaw .... love to hear about your smoking adventures with your RecTec .... does it include plenty of brisket, I hope? My family and I almost moved to Castle Rock .... we were in the house hunting stage of a move, with the new company and I negotiating the deal .... sadly, for a variety of reasons, it fell apart at the last minute. But I still would love to live there some day.

Comment

Greetings from Northern CA.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here