Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Master Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Chief

I have used this site at least 3-4 years, additionally, I have recommended it to I do not know how many people that want to learn the "true art of BBQ". I am a retired Master Chief of the Navy (26 years). Ride a Harley Trike. I am an Assistant Professor and teach Electronics Engineering Technology at Somerset Community College in southern Kentucky...

Have a brisket going right now on a Weber Silver with indirect heat and Pecan Wood as smoke....the aroma is great...can't wait to put it on rest for an hour and then chow down..

Welcome, thank you for your service. You will love it here and fit right in. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the cooks

Comment

Hello Chief, Welcome

Comment

Glad to have you and thanks for the support!!!!!!
        Last edited by Jerod Broussard; October 9, 2014, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Welcome aboard Master Chief. Former IC1/SS here near Mayfield, KY. You will love this site.

Comment

Welcome Master Chief...Glad to have you!

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome ETCM!! From MMCM (SS) Glad to see you here. I look forward to your posts and Pics.

Comment

• Marauderer
                Marauderer commented
                Editing a comment
                632 B, 622G&B, 644G, 691, 644B&G plus a tour at NSTCP.

• etcm3550
                etcm3550 commented
                Editing a comment
                I served on the USS John R. Perry (DE1034) - Pearl Harbor, USS Luce (DDG-38) - Mayport, FL, and the USS Puget Sound (AD-38). Served 7 years with the SEAL Teams at NAB Little Creek (I was not a SEAL, but my Technicians maintained their Mini-Subs). Served 3 years on Recruiting Duty in Oklahoma City, 3 years teaching Electronics Warfare in Pensacola, 2 years in the Greek Navy on the Personnel Exchange Program, one year in California learning Greek, and 3 years as the Master Chief in charge of Operations at NAS Meridian, MS...

and your?

• etcm3550
                etcm3550 commented
                Editing a comment
                Marauderer, my nephew is on a Boomer out of WA. He just make Chief this last cycle. I sent a set of my old Chief Anchors to be pinned with.

Welcome Chief! Glad you could join us! Let us know how your brisket comes out! Everyone here loves pictures so take some today during the cook and post them later if you want. Happy Smoking!

Comment

Welcome ETCM! If you have any problems getting your signature filled out let us know.

I'm a former USAF C-130 flyer myself and trained with many Navy aviators. They were almost as good as we were. lol I kid.

I should not have said that. I'm outnumbered.

Comment

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're right! I'll keep going. lol

• etcm3550
                  etcm3550 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pit Boss, I will not hold the USAF against you. My son-in-law is retired AF. He was the Master of Ceremony (in his dress uniform) at my retirement ceremony. He was stationed at Carswell, Shaw, and Kedena. 20 years, three duty stations..lol...I was stationed at one time with the Navy SEALs (I was not a SEAL but my Techs maintained their mini-subs), when we would deploy platoons for training to Puerto Rica the AF always used a C-5 Galaxy to take us down. Y'all did pretty good shuttle service. Use to piss the load master off getting all of that ammo and pallets of oxygen...lol
                  Last edited by etcm3550; December 2, 2014, 06:34 PM.

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol... yeah those loadmasters get cranky when they actually have to work

You should have heard the way they complained when they had PASSENGERS. lol

Thanks to all of you who welcomed me. Did not get any pictures of the brisket, did not last that long. Put in the cooler to rest and went to town to get some beers. Came back and wife had already sliced the brisket...lol..it was good, made you want to suck your tongue when you finished eating. I can not believe how expensive brisket has got...

Comment

nice try Master Chief but thatdog won't hunt as far as the pictures are concerned. But then again you are retired and I'll give you that one as I'm the same way sometimes it's just not worth the effort and it actually spoils the meal to have to sit there and shoot all those pictures so I'm glad you guys enjoyed the brisket and yes it is expensive but hey what isn't

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here