Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PaynTrain Has Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PaynTrain Has Arrived

Good afternoon brothers and sisters of the meat!

My name is Jeremy, and I am new to the Amazingribs forum, but not new to cooking. I am from Seville, Ohio, and have recently moved to Greenwood, Arkansas. I moved to accept an offer to be Senior Director of Applications, I/S at USA Truck, which is going great. Anyone that does not know what that title means, I am essentially a high-tech redneck!!

Outside my family (wife 34, son 10, daughter 5), my passions are hunting and grilling/smoking. I have had a 7 burner Ducane stainless for about 13 years, but she has not been touched in the last 7 years. That is because 7 years ago I bought a large BGE, and never looked back. I have cooked probably close to 1092 times on it thus far (3 times a week, times 52, times 7), and our favorites are pork shoulder, brisket, ribs, bone in chicken, and Guinness can chicken.

Recently, I purchased a loaded Yoder Durango, and it arrived earlier this week. I am so excited to have this weapon in my arsenal, and I intend to do some serious damage with it. I chose this grill based off reading this site in detail over the last year. Also, I just ordered the Smoke thermometer the minute I read the review yesterday. Looking forward to trying it out!

I am super excited to be a member, and am ready to grill as part of a community!

Oh yeah, and I don't cook without a beer, and choose Bourbon every other time I am thirsty. On the speakers is anything from Metallica and Alice N Chains, all the way over to Eric Church and Johnny Cash.

Thanks, and cook on!

Pictures here - http://imgur.com/gallery/6fy4Q
    Last edited by PaynTrain; October 6, 2016, 01:43 PM.

Welcome!!

I'm hoping I can hit the deer woods in east Texas Saturday.

Comment

• PaynTrain
      PaynTrain commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I miss being in Ohio right now. Hunting is way better up there. I am heading out to deer camp Wednesday!

Welcome Jeremy - with your experience you will no doubt be a great addition to The Pit - Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit PaynTrain! Nice to get an intro from you, sounds like you have a nice young family, nice job and nice cooker. Lots of niceness

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• PaynTrain
        PaynTrain commented
        Editing a comment
        Already did my homework Huskee, and am super excited to be here!

Welcome to the Pit!!! We are happy to have you. I cant wait to see some pictures of the Durango in action. I just saw Metallica last month. They blew the roof off of the new Vikings Stadium.

Comment

• PaynTrain
        PaynTrain commented
        Editing a comment
        Aw man, that is one bucket list for me. I never made it to see Cash, and I need to book Metallica!!

Great taste in music too, I'm the same way. Hard rock to 80s rock to country, even golden oldy country. Only thing I can't do is angry death metal and hard core rap. Not fond of modern pop country either. I feel it's pop dressed in country's clothing simply there to make record companies money.

Comment

Welcome again Jeremy!

Comment

Welcome sir! Cant wait to see some pics of that Yoder! I ended up going with a KBQ and now am eyeballing more stick burners! Although I think I am going to go with an XL BGE next!

Comment

It's really exciting to see someone as excited as you. Sounds like ya'll are a serious hombre when it comes to dealin with the meat. I'll be excited to see your yoder. Welcome aboard & enjoy the exciting ride!

l think between the two of us we may have set a record in the use of the word excited in a single thread. That's exciting!

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Excited about the excitement

• PaynTrain
              PaynTrain commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha! That makes me more excited to be excited!

Welcome to the pit Jeremy. This world could use a lot more High Tech Rednecks. Bow season opened in my area of Louisiana last weekend, did not se anything but my motto is a bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work any day! From a Low Tech Redneck welcome to the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome once again Jeremy! I grew up in Memphis, next door to Arkansas. I still haven't seen you post yer address so all us Pit folks can come taste test yer first cook. I'm buying the briskets tomorrow, will grab the beer once I hit town so it's cold. We can start with a keg and see how yer cooking is.

Comment

While cooking I listen to Stanford-Townsend's Smoke From a Distant Fire, Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water, Smoke Gets in Your Eyes by the Platters. After getting sufficiently hyped, I attack the food. Oh - I'm from Chico so I have to drink Sierra Nevada while cooking.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Dig your style!

Beer here as well with a lil Tequila now and again.

Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Django_%26_Jimmie during one of your cooks.

I'll lay good money down that you will enjoy it several times.

Comment

• PaynTrain
                    PaynTrain commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh hell yes Bob Benhardt , that is an American classic, and is right in my wheelhouse!

PaynTrain, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Eunice and I had an opportunity to see Johny Cash and June Carter live at the Bison Sports Arena on the NDSU Campus!
                  They were Simply Outstanding!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here