Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Seattle

Hi all, umm, I'm Marty and I guess I've been barbecuing for 7 years now. It's been a small hobby, just something on the side, never something that really got in the way. Yet, lately, it's gotten worse...*look around*...hmm...I don't think this is going to help...*slowly sits down again*

From Seattle and somewhat handy with a smoker. Had to learn how to since I got a Kamado K7 just before the company went down the proverbial toilet, so I've been babying the thing along. Somehow I think I ended up with one of the last good ones as I have yet to have a problem with the thing. Waterproofing the tiles, oiling the hinges and general cleaning are the only things I've really had to do.

I've done a competition in the past and we came near dead last since we only had a very small clue of what we were doing but we had fun.

Been a lurker around here for awhile, now I'm getting more serious again and talking about putting the team back together. Maybe this time with more of an idea of what we'll need to do.

Looking forward to the boards around here.

Cheers,
    Marty

Greetings, Marty ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

welcome from indiana

Comment

Hey, another Seattleite! There are a couple of us on here, ecowper and BruceB are south of Sea-town, I'm in Bothell, and there are a couple guys from the Bellingham area on the northern border. Welcome to the Pit!

I know next-to-nothing about cooking with a kamado, but there is an enthusiastic group on here that think it's the best thing since sliced bread... or baked bread... or for baked bread... I can't remember. Breadhead and CeramicChef can be your mentors if you want to take the deep dive and try to convince everyone that everything about a kamado is vastly superior to anything else

Comment

• faultytower
          faultytower commented
          Editing a comment
          West Seattle myself. I like the thing, amazing searing, decent smoking, pizzas are tasty off the thing and a smoked foccacia is something wonderful. ;-)

• BruceB
          BruceB commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome! I'm a recent refugee from West Seattle, now in Des Moines near the state park.

I learned my English from a book!

Welcome

Comment

Welcome faultytower

Comment

Welcome to the pit

Comment

Welcome, faultytower!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! My wife is from the Seattle area, and I still have family out there, in Lynnwood.

Comment

Welcome aboard faultytower .... As PBCDad mentioned, there are a few of us here from around the Puget Sound. jbeck1986 is up north, too. Not sure if you know this, but Meathead will be at a bookstore in Fremont in September. A few of us are planning to go.

Comment

• ecowper
                    ecowper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It could definitely lead to buying more grilling stuff :-)

• BruceB
                    BruceB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe we can get him to bring some Pit hats, so we can stand out from the crowd

Meathead - you ARE working on hats and shirts and things, right?

• ecowper
                    ecowper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Meathead I would pay a reasonable price for a PitMaster t-shirt!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

faultytower, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ University! Marty, Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit faultytower! Great intro, and it's nice to have you here with us. Thank you for your support. We'd love to see a picture of that cooker of yours.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                          1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                          2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here