Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robertson Smokehouse Reporting In!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robertson Smokehouse Reporting In!

Hey everybody, I would first like to give out a huge thank you to Meathead for creating an amazing site and now an amazing book! If you haven't had a chance to pick one up I highly recommend it. But I'm probably just preaching to the choir.

So a little about myself, I have a beautiful wife and two awesome kiddos. I have had a love for cooking as long as I can remember and an obsession with bbq for the past 10 years or so. I am now taking the ultimate leap of faith and will be turning my passion into a business. I am opening a bbq restaurant in southern Arkansas called Robertson Smokehouse in the fall of this year. I have over a decade in the restaurant business, so I know a little about the ends and outs of running a restaurant. We are building from the ground up and Lord willing we should be in the dry by next week! We know the odds are inherently stacked against us simply because it is a restaurant. But we feel our keys of success being hard work, keeping it simple, quality food and quality service will keep us around for a while.

My bbq confidant vBlake, also joined the Pit today, we have been cooking and competing for several years together and smoke surely flows through his veins! Like he said in his post, we had the honor to meet Meathead at the 2014 World Championship Steak Cook-off, where he was a judge. As we were going down the parade line to have our rig judged, we saw Meathead in one of the judges seats. We had no idea he was judging! So we may have went a little over the top expressing our admiration for Meathead in front of hundreds of spectators and the other judges. Later that evening after the competition was over and after a few too many cold ones we spotted Meathead walking by our tent and we pounced. Not only is Meathead a bbq guru, but he is also a very nice guy!

I know there are a decades and decades of experience and knowledge in this Pitmaster Club and I look forward to soaking it all in!

Greetings and Welcome to the Pit! All the best with the new restaurant ... sounds like you're diving in with your eyes open, all your ducks in a row, and likely several more silly cliches ...

Comment

Welcome Newbie!!! hahaha glad to have you.

Comment

Welcome robertsonsmokehouse

Comment

Welcome robertsonsmokehouse ! And good luck with the new adventure!

Comment

• robertsonsmokehouse
      robertsonsmokehouse commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! We appreciate the support.

So we don't have to educate you on MCS, because you OD'd by opening a restaurant. Be careful of the hard work thing, cuz I got nowhere but hard work got me there! Welcome aboard & enjoy the ride! Wish you well in your endeavor. Can't wait to see you along Aaron Franklin in the top ten list. Come to think of it, I wonder if Aaron is a member.

Comment

• robertsonsmokehouse
      Editing a comment
      FireMan, thank you for the well wishes. We are excited but still have a lot of work to do. I would be very proud if my brisket stacked up anywhere close to Franklins! And if he's not a member he should be! Thanks again

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome aboard robertsonsmokehouse .... Glad to have you. Looking forward to seeing how do it in that new BBQ joint!

Comment

• robertsonsmokehouse
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ecowper! I will eventually gets some pics up showing the process and progress!

Welcome to The Pit robertsonsmokehouse! Thank you for joining up with us, we're happy to have you here. Great intro post too! I and I'm sure all of us here wish you nothing but the best with Robertson Smokehouse. If I didn't live a zillion (approximately) miles away I'd be sure to stop in. I'm sure with you & vBlake's skill & experience, as well as your foolproof information source here at AmazingRibs, you will soon be known far & wide!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• robertsonsmokehouse
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the kind words. I'm in it deep! Appreciate the tips!

Welcome aboard robertsonsmokehouse! Here's to much success and enjoyment in your business!

Comment

• robertsonsmokehouse
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir! We are blessed to be in the position to do it.

Welcome to the Pit!!! We are happy to have you. Best of luck to you from in your new venture. We love to see some pics of the place.

Comment

• robertsonsmokehouse
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Spinaker! I will be getting pics posted ASAP!

welcome from Central Tejas!

Comment

• robertsonsmokehouse
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Stevo! Happy to be a part of it!

robertsonsmokehouse Welcome and good luck. Is there anything you can share with us about the restaurant like pics, location, menu, etc.? I betcha there is someone here that would love to give you their business.

Impressive looking rig!

Comment

robertsonsmokehouse, welcome the Pit! We're glad you're here! All the best to you in your restaurant endeavors!

Comment

Here is our concession rig that we just recently purchased. We'll use it for catering and events. The guys with Black Warrior Smokers out of Alabama customized the back for us and did a great job.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1066.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	210411

Name:	IMG_1067.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	210412

Name:	IMG_1068.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	210413

Name:	IMG_1070.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	210414
        Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here