Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HI From Melbourne, Fl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI From Melbourne, Fl

My Name is Gary Nelson. I've been grilling for quite a few years and BBQing, on and off, for a few. I had been using the "That looks about right" method and I was pretty content with that. "Usually", I never got complaints. But let's be honest here, grilled or smoked cardboard with your favorite barbecue sauce on it doesn't taste that bad!

I've been lurking here for longer than I care to admit, but I can tell you that AmazingRibs.com is just an absolute wealth of information and I wanted to belong! I especially like the way "We" (I can say that now, I signed up today) use science to back up the Recipes or Methods. The other thing that AmazingRibs has convinced me of is of the importance of using good thermometers. I used thermometers before, but I usually used them to prove what I already knew instead of letting the thermometer "drive" my cooking.

I am proud to have signed up and am looking forward to much improved cooking!

Greetings Gary ... Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome FishinGary

Comment

Welcome to BBQ University... What major will you select? Ribs, Pork Butts, Briskets or Chicken? You can go for a BBQ Ph.D. Too. But that takes years of intense studying.👍 Then there's grilling too.

Comment

• FishinGary
          FishinGary commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Breadhead. What will i major in? Well, that's easy! I will major in...uh, well, uh, uh,...I gotta go check the mail for my new Magnet!

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          That magnet is your new text book.👍

FishinGary your comment about whether your thermometer drives your cooking, or your cooking drives your thermometer outcome, is spot on. Something that it took me a long time to learn, also. My wife gives me grief about it, but she loves my food.

Anyhow, welcome aboard. Looking forward to pictures and discussions of your BBQ!

Comment

Hi Gary! Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

So you got your smoker from Aldi's, huh? I like those little stores myself!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! So, what do you like to cook and what do you cook it on?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit FishinGary! Great to have you here with us, thanks for the support. Great intro too! And I agree with your signature (by the way, kudos setting that up so soon), watch out when you upgrade from that electric!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• FishinGary
                FishinGary commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the welcome! Great site!

Welcome aboard FishinGary. Nice intro and signature! I have a home east of Pensacola near Milton. See you around The Pit!

Comment

• FishinGary
                FishinGary commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the Welcome, fuzzydaddy! Glad to be aboard!

• FishinGary
                FishinGary commented
                Editing a comment
                A few years back we bought a house in Baker, Fl. But the wife and I decided that it wouldn't be right to take our two young teenagers out of there element. If we were still there, we would probably coming over to your place tonight for some of your fine bbq! LOL!

Welcome to the pit Gary, you are spot on about the wealth of knowledge here. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome FishinGary, from Leesburg, FL!

Comment

FishinGary, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! Regarding Thermometers I Grilled & Smoked For 35 Years before I knew such a thing existed?
                  Amazing Ribs and The Pit Cured Me of that IGNORANCE and IMHOP Improved My "Q"!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the pit from North of the Border

Comment

Ahoy! Do we call ya Fishin for short? Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride!

Comment

• FishinGary
                        FishinGary commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That can work! Thanks for the Welcome!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here