Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined from NJ, USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined from NJ, USA

Pulled the trigger on a membership to up my BBQ game - specifically Brisket.

-Eric

Welcome eric louis

Comment

eric louis Glad you joined the ranks! Welcome.

Comment

Welcome aboard eric louis

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! So, what do you cook that brisket on?

Comment

Howdy from Texas!

Comment

Eric Louis, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! Glad to See You Meeting the Prof's!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome.

There is great advice in here on brisket and everything else you can think of. A few things that I wouldn't have thought of too..

Comment

Eric louis - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Thanks All.
                    Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
                    Welcome to the Pit! So, what do you cook that brisket on?
                    LA Pork Butt I did a brisket in my dad's old vertical brinkman smoker he got in the mid 90s. It's gotten warped over the years and I did it in cooler temp, so after like 8 hours it wasn't done and I had to finish it off in the oven. I still got it nice and moist and my guests enjoyed it but it was far from what I tasted in TX and even at Blue Smoke/Hill Country in NYC which is close to me.

Since then I've done a few in the oven but realized brisket is a whole different animal, yes technically true but cooking it is much different than smoking some ribs or a 5 lb chicken which to me is easy at this point.

I have a webber kettle whcih I really like and am considering a slow n sear or a PBC. gonna get the SNS and next year a PBC is what I decided.

Prob gonna order the SNS today.

Comment

Eric louis I've done tons of Boston Butts, but since I moved to TX I am doing brisket which is more challenging. Try a butt on your kettle before you try brisket. It's more forgiving. If you don't get the SNS try the snake method you can find on YouTube. It is sometime called the fuse method.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Eric!

Comment

LA Pork Butt Sound advice as I've seen the snake method. I just ordered the SNS, as lately I've been using 2 zones on the kettle to grill anyway. Coals on one side, nothing on the other. I usually grill in the back yard while lifting weights in my garage so I can pretty much leave the meat for a while on the side of the grill without the coals and not worrying about checking it. Might just do a butt or shoulder Sunday for dinner and left overs during the week...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Eric louis ... Joining the Pit is the best $24 you've ever spent to up your BBQ game.👍 There are a many, many Pit members that use the Weber kettle and SnS to smoke briskets on. Over the next few days they will overwhelm you with the best practices, methods and techniques of smoking a brisket on that rig.

If and when you get a PBC there is another crowd of experts that have mastered that cooker too.

Have fun in the Pit and be careful... Most of us that have joined the Pit acquire an infliction we named MCS. It seems to me you already have it. You will probably start acquiring lots of gadgets and More Cookers, it's a syndrome here in the Pit.😎
                            Last edited by Breadhead; July 15, 2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Dr. Breadhead is right MCS will get ya. NJ eh, what exit? You will enjoy the ride.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here