Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here from West Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here from West Seattle

Hi all. Real name is JD. I suppose I am bi-polar as a griller...A medium BGE and Weber Performer charcoal grill. They each have their purpose. Thanks to this site I graduated to Pitmaster after my twelfth brisket that was finally saved by the faux cambio method. I am still not perfect, so the only advice I give is handing out the URL of Amazing ribs. But if you want Salmon advice I am golden. I have a Masters Degree in science so I appreciate that Amazing Ribs doesn't just exclaim something mystical about cooking that one cannot learn.

Welcome to the Pit! I keep threatening my daughters that I'm going to build a brick pit big enough to do some long pork on if they don't start behaving.

Comment

Originally posted by LongPig View Post
      Hi all. Real name is JD. I suppose I am bi-polar as a griller...A medium BGE and Weber Performer charcoal grill. They each have their purpose. Thanks to this site I graduated to Pitmaster after my twelfth brisket that was finally saved by the faux cambio method. I am still not perfect, so the only advice I give is handing out the URL of Amazing ribs. But if you want Salmon advice I am golden. I have a Masters Degree in science so I appreciate that Amazing Ribs doesn't just exclaim something mystical about cooking that one cannot learn.
      Welcome to the The Pit from a long-time West Seattle resident, but recently transplanted to Des Moines by Saltwater St. Park. Looks like you've got some good gear there to produce some excellent Q.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

LongPig - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

I see an Egg in that picture. WE're having a discussion o Best Practices over in the Kamado Section of The Pit.

ThePit=>Grills and Smokers=>Charcoal=>Kamados

We'd love to see you over there and we'd really like your input. I started out on an XL BGE and had a Med BGE after my XL got Humptied in a move. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit LongPig. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support.

Nice setup you have! I also have a BGE and 2 Kettles. Thanks for offering your advice on Salmon.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit JD, great looking deck set up. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit LongPig /JD! Great to have you here. A couple of great cookers you have there, and yep, they each have their purpose and do it well. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We're glad you're here. 😎 I love the Pacific Northwest. Especially the salmon!! 😀

Comment

Welcome LongPig .... Eric here in Maple Valley. We just hit low tide on Alki yesterday. Salmon is a favorite for us as well. My mother-in-law is the daughter of a Ballard fisherman. I don't think there's anything that she and my wife don't know about fish. That left beef and pork for me, so here I am ;-)

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, JD!

Comment

Welcome LongPig! We're glad you're here. What science do you have a degree in?

Comment

Thanks for the Welcome. Some might argue, but Geology it is. Sedimentary geology with hydrogeology for work. Doing ribs for the 4th...Where did that Idea come from...?

Comment

• MBMorgan
                              MBMorgan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Well this deserves a 2nd welcome from a fellow geoscientist (Geophysics and Structural Geology) ... I suspect there are more of us around here that just aren't admitting to it

Welcome LongPig

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here